PDA

View Full Version : When do Christmas decorations come down?

mickey&missy
05-20-2008, 01:16 PM
I'm wondering so I can use the info in planning ADR's etc for our trip in January. We are arriving January 2nd, but not hitting any parks until the 3rd. I'd LOVE to be able to see the Castle Lights and The Osborne lights :cloud9:

TIA!!

disneymom15
05-20-2008, 04:02 PM
From what I've heard, it usually Jan 6th.

Strmchsr
05-20-2008, 04:32 PM
The past couple of years the Osborne Lights have gone until the 9th or 10th. The decorations begin coming down Jan 2, but there will still be plenty up when you arrive. Just expect them to be growing smaller by the day and while they may still be there, they won't always be lit.

Melanie
05-20-2008, 05:38 PM
When we were there two years ago, a lot of decorations stayed up until the 11th or 12th.

Jasper
05-20-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't remember what the total number of CM they have dedicated to the Christmas crew but it is not as many as you would think. That is why you see decorations grow over the month of November until everything is in place for Thanksgiving weekend. The same thing takes place in reverse. Yes they have some "official" dates when they turn off the Osbourne lights and such but as for the actual decorations themselves you will see them gradually start to come down sometime around the second or third of January and continue for the next several weeks.

I have never heard anyone say that they were aware of any particular schedule that they use from year to year in the dismantle phase. In other words I don't know that anyone can say for sure that the decorations at say the Magic Kingdom always come down on the fourth of January each year or anything like that.

Sunshine1010
05-20-2008, 08:16 PM
In 2008, the Osborne lights' last night was January 6th.

We stayed at the Wilderness Lodge and they started taking down decorations on January 6th.

When we left - January 10th, some decorations in the parks were still up, but very little.

From my experience in January 2008 --- different parks, different resorts had their own agenda as to when they take things down. But, all-in-all, I started reading and noticing things coming down on January 2nd.

But, again --- some big things like Osbourne lights were open until the 6th.

Hope I helped.