PDA

View Full Version : Hayden's Character Expedition Day 2 Hollywood Studios

Hayden's Dad
05-20-2008, 10:29 AM
Monday 05/12/08 First Real Day of Vacation

Cast: Kyle (Hayden’s Dad)
Eva (Hayden’s Mommy)
Hayden (The Man Himself)

This morning we got up real early at the Quality Inn and checked out so we could get to our real home POP Century! We check in around 7:00 and make sure we have the fridge for Hayden’s medicine and ask for the jukebox building with the view of SSE, but she looked really confused when I asked that. She found out that our room was ready already, but we wanted to get to the parks so we parked the car and got in line for the bus to Magic Kingdom.

We get to Magic Kingdom early around 8:00 and wait patiently for the rope to drop. It is tradition for us to get Hayden’s hair cut the first day at the Harmony Barber Shop. At 9:00 we head over and get in line there are already two people having their hair cut, but they don’t take to long. There are two different barbers there this time and when the first gets done he tells us to sit Hayden down on the chair, we explain that he can’t sit and that the last two times I just held him. He says he won’t do it if he is in my lap. Finally we compromise and I can hold Hayden, but I have to stand. Don’t know what the difference is but we get his hair cut and it looks so good it hasn’t been cut since November, 7 months ago and it was LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGG. After the hair cut we head back out and get our own private ferry over to the TTC so we can catch a bus to HS.

HS has never been a real hit with us we aren’t into roller coasters or ToT this is mainly one big character hunt for us so we headed to the Magic of Disney Animation. I think this is a neat show and we move on to the character greets where we see Sorcerer Mickey! Yeah he is back! We get in line and start winding our way through when Mickey has to take a quick break. The CM with him motions us over and pulls us out of line and lets us see Mickey when he first gets back. I don’t flaunt the GAC for the characters, but if the CMs want to move us around then we let them it adds to the magic. We have a great session with Mickey and then head up stairs to wait for the Incredibles. We are told it will be around 30 minutes before they come out so we decide to wait. Hayden and I are wearing matching “Incredible” t-shirts and again we have a great session with Mr and Mrs Incredible.

After the animation tour we head back to the hat to try and catch the characters. We get to see Goofy and Pluto together, but all the other lines are closed already so we head towards the Streets of America. We go see Monster’s Inc and are the last family to see both Sulley and Mike together before Sulley had to go and finish some paperwork. Hayden has his own little Sulley he sleeps with during the day and we had brought him along with us. Hayden’s eyes were so big when he saw the real Sulley it was priceless. By the way I really like their new meet and greet spot the theming is nice although you could easily miss it if you weren’t paying attention. Now we head over to AL’s toy barn to meet Woody and Buzz. After them we head over to Sci Fi for our lunch reservations. I love this restaurant and we have a great meal. This is also where we found out that the Deluxe plan does still include the appetizers and dessert. A nice surprise, but it throws my tip calculations way off.

After lunch we go see Muppet Vision 3D. This is a great movie, but it needs some TLC the effects just aren’t as good as they used to be especially around the bottom of the screen. By now it is about time for the Block Party Bash. So we find a spot in the handicapped section in front of ABC Commissary and sit for a little bit. This is a nice spot , but I wish the CMs would enforce the handicapped only rule more strictly we had a woman and her two kids sit down right in front of us and the CMs kept telling them they had to move behind the yellow line which was only a few inches in front of us. But we still had a good time. We saw the Toy Story part several of the dancers came up and danced with Hayden while I held him, and Bow Peep blew him a kiss. If you are standing in the wrong spot for this parade you won’t see anything as it just keeps walking past you, but I think we have a good idea where to be now.

After the parade we head down to the hat I want to wait a little bit to see who comes out for the 5:00 meet. So we wander around the pin station a little then find some shade by the theatre and wait. Around 5:00 I see a whole line of characters walking back towards the theatre like they are going inside and I thought oh no we missed them, so I grabbed one of the CMs and asked if they would be back out, that we had been waiting for a while to see them. He looks down at Hayden and says they will be right back. Now we are celebrating Hayden’s 28 month birthday so he has a birthday button on right beside his GAC. He says since it is his birthday to come with him. He takes around the curved wall to the left of the theatre and tells us to wait there. A minute or two later out come ALL 15 OF THEM FOR ONE BIG MEET WITH JUST US!!! It was Pocahontas, Mary Poppins, Belle, Mulan, Honest John, Pinocchio, Geppetto, Jafar, The Evil Queen, Goofy, Chip, Dale, Prince John, Jasmine, and the Sherriff of Nottingham. We got a couple of group shots and tried to get autographs, but only got about five before they had to get to their regular posts, so we got in line for Jasmine and Jafar so we could get their autograph (The other villains were not signing autographs).

After that bit of magic we hopped a bus for 1900 Park Fare and our dinner reservations. Dinner here was good as it always is and the characters were all great, Cinderella, Prince Charming, Anastasia, Drizella, and Lady Tremaine, but they put us kind of in the middle of the restaurant, and Hayden as time has progressed has gotten more and more sensitive to crowds and noises, so after we met everyone we could tell he was getting stressed out and we asked the manager for our bill since he wasn’t feeling well. We took the monorail to MK and then hopped the bus back to POP. Here is where things started to go bad real quick. I was standing with Hayden as I always do on the bus and when he has more than two things going on like congestion, diaper issues, loud noises, stress, etc his little brain just can’t handle it and he shuts down and usually the first thing to go is he stops breathing, now normally we can see this happening and we get him some medicine or hold him to calm him down and everything is fine, but we were on the bus and I couldn’t do either. I noticed he was gasping for breath and starting to turn a pretty shade of blue so I whipped out his suction machine and started suctioning his nose and mouth but still wasn’t getting much of a response so I picked him up out of his chair and turned him over to pat his back to try and loosen whatever was caught in his throat. When I set him down again he took a huge breath of air and started panting trying to get his breath back. By this time we had arrived at the hotel, and several people stooped to ask if they could help, and the bus driver was very nice and said we could take as long as we needed before leaving. We decided we needed to get him up to the room where we could give him his medicine and lay him down and call his nurse. When we got to the room we found out that they had not cancelled the request for a handicapped room and in fact it was a room with a roll in shower, but it had a king bed. So once Hayden calmed down and we talked to the nurse who told us we had done everything right (sometimes that is all you need to hear) I headed down to the front desk to either get the room switched or a roll away bed. They sent a roll away up with no charge. YEAH! So after a wonderful day and a long night we finally get settled into bed. I sprinkle some of the extra pixie dust we took with us that all of you have sent all over Hayden and try and get some rest tomorrow we head to Magic Kingdom.

KylesMom
05-20-2008, 11:49 AM
Goodness, Kyle, you sure had your share of ups & downs today. The character interaction sounds just wonderful - I bet Hayden was in all his glory (not to mention Mom & Dad)! :cloud9:

Very scary about what happened on the bus. I'm glad that you were able to get him calmed down & a rollaway up to the room so that you could all get some much-needed rest. Hopefully this is the only wrinkle that will occur during your trip. Looking forward to reading more! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
How scary for that to happen on the bus! I am glad that you were able to get him calmed down and get the rest that I am sure you all needed. I am glad that you got to have that provate character time! I am sure that will be a long lasting memory. Thanks for sharing.:mickey:

MauiMouse
05-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Kyle, glad to hear that everything was okay with Hayden, but what a scare for you and your wife.

What a great first day with all the characters, I'm sure that Hayden was on :cloud9: .

faline
05-20-2008, 01:51 PM
What a scare that must have been! You had me holding my breath until I was sure that you were able to get Haden breathing again!

Your private character greeting was a terrific magical moment!

ChipnDaleGal
05-20-2008, 01:52 PM
I am so sorry that you had such a rough bus ride back to the resort that night. Hayden has such wonderful parents in you and your wife. Sounds like you knew exactly what to do.

That private character greeting you had with all those characters is just amazing. I just love it that your special little boy was able to have such a fantastic experience. Very cool. Thanks so much for the report. :mickey:

JMTStone
05-20-2008, 02:19 PM
I'm so glad he was OK when you got back to the room.

I was very happy to see that you guys got there ok and your first trip report, with Hayden being sick before you left.

What a great character interaction! Couldn't have happened to a more deserving kid (and Mom and Dad)

Regarding the handicap spaces... They are so CLEARLY marked I don't see how those people could have missed this. I have something we used when my Grandmother was alive (lost her legs to diabetes) and the handicap parking space was taken up by someone whithout plates who was quite capable to make it to the entrance. My Mom always made sure to "catch" them and say "I'm sure you didn't know, but we needed that space for my Mom, who doesn't have legs". She was so sweet, usually people would be shamed into moving and apologizing.

Bethis26fan
05-20-2008, 02:27 PM
Wow what and up & down day. I'm glad you got him calmed down & I hope the rest of your trip is smooth. How nice it must have been for Hayden to have his on meet & greet. That's was awesome of the cm to do.

ElenitaB
05-20-2008, 02:38 PM
What a great day you all had! :cloud9: Of course, that doesn't include the scary finish on the bus ride (and I've been waiting to hear how you found the bus service to be this time).

So after a wonderful day and a long night we finally get settled into bed. I sprinkle some of the extra pixie dust we took with us that all of you have sent all over Hayden and try and get some rest tomorrow we head to Magic Kingdom.
Now you went and made me cry (but it's a good cry). :hug: And just for that, here's even more :pixie: for Hayden.

BluewaterBrad
05-20-2008, 03:21 PM
What a cool Dad!!:thumbsup: Great report and looking forward to more!:mickey:

Jeff G
05-20-2008, 06:16 PM
Sounds like you had a fun day with quite the scare at the end, I'm glad to here Hayden calmed down and was OK.

Hayden must have had a great day with all of the character interaction, especially when he had 15 characters all to himself. Small things like that are the "it" factor that make WDW so special and keep us coming back.

Strmchsr
05-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Kyle, I've got to hand it to you. Normally I just breeze through trip reports, but you and little Hayden have me reading every word. :D I'm so glad your evening turned out okay.

Especially having gotten to meet you back in November I really love to hear these reports. I look forward to reading more.

joanna71985
05-20-2008, 06:33 PM
Wow, what a scary moment!! Glad everything turned out ok.

Jeff
05-20-2008, 07:15 PM
What a tough way to end a great day.
Thanks for reporting!

pdrlkr
05-20-2008, 08:36 PM
What a scary moment!

mickey&missy
05-21-2008, 10:39 AM
Wow Kyle, you guys must have been so scared on the bus! I'm glad Hayden was ok!

I'm so excited for Hayden that he got to see Sorcerer Mickey!! My favorite!! I'm sure he gave Hayden an extra dose of Disney Magic!!

Maleficent's Dad
05-21-2008, 02:11 PM
Kyle, I've got to hand it to you. Normally I just breeze through trip reports, but you and little Hayden have me reading every word. :D I'm so glad your evening turned out okay.
I'm with Chris on this one!

I love your reports and I'm glad all turned out well with Hayden on the bus.

cal5755
05-21-2008, 03:16 PM
WOW what an awesome interaction with 15 characters!!

So sorry about the scare on the bus. I am glad you have so much extra pixie dust to help you through!! Can't wait to hear about MK!!