PDA

View Full Version : WDW the week before/week of Christmas??

Disneyglamour
05-20-2008, 09:39 AM
I am thinking of planning my next trip to WDW on the dates of Dec. 18-23. Has anyone ever been during this time? Is it super crowded? This is my college graduation/birthday present from my parents and we wanted to go right after graduation. :mickey:

ibrowse17
05-20-2008, 09:52 AM
We went about that time this past year. We arrived on the 17th, a Thursday, and found it not very crowded at all. We stayed at POFQ, and the lines at the bus stop where very small. Friday the 18th was very much the same. By Saturday and Sunday, it got more and more crowded. The line to check in at POFQ, as well as the bus stop lines, really started to grow. We left on the Monday before Christmas, and it was packed. The crowds at the parks grew each day, but we had no problems doing what we wanted. Ride lines, for the most part, were not bad at all. All in all we found it a good time to go, and had a wonderful time.:thumbsup:

DDuck66
05-20-2008, 11:35 AM
We have stayed at WDW the week of and including up to the day after Christmas. While the parks are generally really crowded, by taking advantage of the morning EMH, we were able to ride and see all the attractions before the crowds got too bad. We spent a lot of the afternoons camped out watching people and some of the Christmas Shows. Plan well and you will have no problem.

faline
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
Generally, crowds really begin to pick up around the 20th or 21st depending on which day of the week it falls and when schools begin to release for the holiday break. Prior to that, it's generally pretty quiet. As you get closer to the actual holiday it gets busier and busier!

PeterPan
05-21-2008, 01:03 AM
Bottom line...YES it will be crowded! This will force you to use all of your ingenuity and expertise that you have gained by coming here, to Intercot. Otherwise, you will be part of the Sweating Masses.

spoonfulosugar
05-21-2008, 02:47 PM
I think you'll be fine to go before Christmas. The crowds do pick up, but if you start your days early and use the EMH you'll be in good shape. We found the day after Christmas to be pretty crazy. I probably wouldn't do that again. So if you can squeeze everything in in before the 26th, go for it! It is SOOOO much fun and SOOOO beautiful at Christmas time!

Disney Baby
05-22-2008, 10:15 PM
Hello! We have been there the 15th through the 22nd and it was not crowded at all until the 21st! The 21st and 22nd were insanely crowded considering that we never had a line before that. You should be fine!

katzctkpt
05-22-2008, 10:46 PM
We're going the last week of Dec and are prepared for the crowds. I still can't imagine it being any more crowded than the 1st week of July.

spoonfulosugar
05-23-2008, 10:23 AM
Unless I'm remembering incorrectly...That part of December makes the first week of July look wide open. Go with lots of patience and have a blast! :mickey:

Nurse Kim
05-24-2008, 11:17 AM
I want to try Dec so bad. I would love to see the Christmas decorations done Disney style. I eally don't want to fight huge crowds though so I probably won't ever get to go in Dec. Have a great time.