PDA

View Full Version : POTC On-Line

Von-Drake
05-20-2008, 07:57 AM
Can't believe it, but I actually enjoy the POTC On-LINE Game. The first day I played it I did not care for it, but now I really enjoy it.

JPL
05-20-2008, 10:50 AM
I don't play POTCO but others here do and with the changes coming to this area of the site be sure to check back often for news and updates :thumbsup:

Patricia
05-24-2008, 07:36 PM
I tried Pirates in beta and didn't enjoy it. I have given it another try and may play once in awhile. I play mostly with Rickscafe, but if alone, I get bored fast.

I have seen Cita and Pink in there, but have a feeling neither of them enjoyed it and their computers didn't like it. Although they looked fantastic while trying it out, I don't expect either of them back anytime soon.

I have found Chescat and a couple of others that play at night, although I will seldom do that. I found a player named Altair and am assuming it's the same Altair from the boards. Guess I should ask. :blush:

I'll watch for you drake!

Chescat
05-27-2008, 08:08 PM
There are some of us here that have played since Day 1 in Beta. I love the game a lot. Gets out a lot of anxiety hacking/slashing and shooting cannons at ships.

If you need any help let us know. We picked Snarky off the beach in Tortuga the other night. :)

wizardmickey
05-28-2008, 09:16 PM
Don't mean to be whiny here, but...
I have 2 icons on my desktop that supposedly connect me to Pirates: One that says "PiratesoftheCaribbean Online_Test" and the other that says "PiratesoftheCaribbeanOnline". Yesterday I tried logging on since VFK is down/will be down until who knows when....
The second version spent close to an hour loading phase 1 of 5 and never got past that. The version that usually works for me, the "test" version, took 40 minutes to run through setting up, and then screwed up the resolution for the rest of my 'puter screen windows and when I clicked over to the game it was only to find out there was no connection to the server!!!!!
This is why I guess I haven't gotten overly excited about this game; It takes forever to load (when it does at all), it messes with the rest of the settings on my computer, when I do get in the lag is so bad that by the time I realize I am being attacked by creatures/dead pirates and try to react I am already dead and waking back up in a jail cell.
I know I know, it works "GREAT" for others... but for someone who is not a gamer and who's first foray into the virtual arena was VMK, PotC just frustrates me. On the very few times it has worked for me, I've still had no idea what I was doing and run around trying to find friends... and sometimes that works and sometimes is doesn't.
I just finished trying to log on again and the results were the same- 50 minutes, screwed up resolutions, and I never even got into the game. :mad::mad::mad:

trackbarroness
05-29-2008, 08:45 AM
Ice dude I was on POTC last night okay yesterday, and I did fairly well for someone who had never been on there before. I'm at 3 now. How's that for a first timer eh? Okay my characters name begins with Samantha and I forget the rest of it. Is pirates open 24/7 or is it like VFK open from to certain times of day?

WDWfanatic742
05-29-2008, 06:13 PM
24 hours a day. However they do updates around midnight pacific time some days. I think it has closed twice the past two days at that time for updates for an hour or two.

Patricia
06-01-2008, 02:47 AM
So.. the Cats scooped me up the other day and took me for a little boat ride in the level they are accustomed to. After blasting ships, we latched onto them with grappling hooks, boarded them and took out the scurvy bilge rats that be steering 'em.

Fun. :D

Oddly, after taking out 8 ships.. I never did receive any gold (or rum for that matter). Is that because we sank in the end? Is all that treasure on the bottom of the sea? :confused:

Chescat
06-01-2008, 03:25 AM
Oddly, after taking out 8 ships.. I never did receive any gold (or rum for that matter). Is that because we sank in the end? Is all that treasure on the bottom of the sea? :confused:
I thought we could get past that one navy ship and a skeleton ship spawned on us. So we wound up in our favorite place the jail! But that was fun swinging onto those spanish ships. :)

Von-Drake
06-02-2008, 10:09 AM
After playing for almost 2 weeks, I have now reached level 20. I have been playing it pretty religiously. My wife calls it my "addiction". I have found the farther you get in the game the more you need some assistance from other pirates. It also pays to go "train" and not worry about actually doing the quest all the time, but go to the fort, or other areas and just defeat enemies to increase weapons skill levels.

Chescat
06-02-2008, 06:36 PM
There's always been two trains of thought here. Rush through the quests and get as high as you can, then try to figure out a way not to have to level up so much. These new tattoo, jewelry, and now Orinda Quest does help.

My train of thought with the ones I play with, we level up the weapons. When we got to grenades we stopped questing until we mastered the grenades. They are the worst weapon you got. Ask Fan! He's still trying not to use them. But when you get your grenades done while you are in your 20's, then you get higher points. If you work it right, you are just about done with the grenades when you get Level 30 and get your staff. Then that's the next weapon to master. We sail to Kingshead for the first 15 levels of grenade. You stand behind that fence and just lob the grenades at the navy soliders. You get a lot of gold that way too. Then fence protects you in most cases.

As far as quests, you really don't want to start Gunner until you get to Level 23. That's when you get the teleport to Padres. Since Gunner its always Padres and a pain. Do your leveling up to that. We did our jewelry and tattoo quests on all the islands but Padres. Saving that and Orinda for the 30's. When we get to the level 15 weapons, we are doing those quests. I would stop after Gunner and do Scary Mary when you are in your middle 30's. Then leave Gidalago and John Smith to 38 and 39 so you have more to push you to that 40.

We also found save your sailing and cannons level 21-25 until the end since you can normally get 110+ for each big ship you sink instead of the 30s and 40s of some of the other weapons. We've tried various things. I love leveling up my weapons, but we've gotten used to that. I'm on my 3rd pirate and hopefuly she's turning 30 this week. :mickey:

Patricia
06-02-2008, 07:05 PM
Yeah, what Cat said.. :huh:

With limited use, you can only get so far in the questing and it ends. I'm only at level 9 and have gone as far as I can questing.

trackbarroness
06-07-2008, 05:15 AM
What time are you girls on Pirates instead of small worlds? :D Perhaps we can get a gang of pirate girls together and wreck havok(sp) on the royal navy and skeleton crews,
T.T.F.N.
aka I have to get ready for work
laters,