PDA

View Full Version : Cruising immed. after drydock?

Dsnygirl
05-20-2008, 04:58 AM
So - I realize that drydocking is probably to get the ship cleaned up, overhauled, checked out, etc., which is a good thing... but it's also a number of weeks for the staff to hit the shore, relax, etc. Who knows - maybe they love coming back on the ship - but I'm just wondering - has anyone taken the first cruise out after a ship is drydocked? The dates we're looking at are in October '09, and we favor the dates immed. after the Wonder is drydocked.

Does anyone have any tips/advice on whether this is a good or bad time to choose to go, or should we wait 'til the next week or so? I xan't imagine there is really a "bad" time to go, but still... I know how I am immediately after a vacation...:blush:

Dopey's Girl
05-20-2008, 11:26 AM
I cruised the Wonder right after Dry dock in 2006 and there were no problems. The staff was all really happy to be back! More than one of them told us that they just didn't know what to do with the time off they missed the ship so much!

Plus as a bonus everything was freshly scrubbed, rubbed, painted and there was a fresh coat of pixie dust on everything!

Dsnygirl
05-20-2008, 04:11 PM
I cruised the Wonder right after Dry dock in 2006 and there were no problems. The staff was all really happy to be back! More than one of them told us that they just didn't know what to do with the time off they missed the ship so much!

Plus as a bonus everything was freshly scrubbed, rubbed, painted and there was a fresh coat of pixie dust on everything!
:mickey: Yeah! Just the kind of answer I was hoping for... kind-of what I figured, and I'm glad to know you had a good experience! :)Thanks for answering!