PDA

View Full Version : Early June crowds?

jane52
05-19-2008, 11:46 PM
Received an e-mail code today for room only for late May til June 26th. We are thinking of going down the 5-9th of June. My question is, how bad will the crowds be early in June? We have gone in May and September before but never June. Will some schools still be in session? Thanks for any input.

Fangorn
05-20-2008, 01:15 AM
You've probably picked a pretty good week.

The earlier in June, the lighter the crowds will be. We've gone around the time you're looking at here and found the crowds very manageable when we first got there (around the 8th), but as the week progressed the crowds became noticibly larger. Not that the crowds were ever overwhelming, but if you're used to September, it will be a different experience.

There are parts of the country where school is just getting out. On the West Coast (my neck of the woods), school typically gets out around the second week of June. This year, things seem to be a week earlier than normal - we finish up June 5.

Plan your days to some degree. Know what you want to do, and take advantage of Fastpass and EMH. Be aware of any special events (like Star Wars Weekends) and avoid those parks on those days if you're not really interested in those events.

Drink lots of water and take it slow. June is hot & humid and crankiness is never too far away.

Above all, have a great time.

Steve

goofiecrazy
05-20-2008, 09:00 AM
We have been in early June and there were crowds.The crowds are managable compared to late june,july and august.If ur used to the crowds then u will be ok.The schools down south get out in May.

KylesMom
05-20-2008, 09:15 AM
We go often in June, and have found the crowds to be less prevalent in early June than in later June or July. That doesn't mean it's not crowded, but it's definitely less crowded than late June. As previously mentioned, Star Wars Weekends will be occuring as well as Gay Days, which may bring in additional crowds. I would view both event schedules so that you know where the crowds will be on which days.

The weather is hot & humid, but it's a good time to go. Use FastPass to its fullest extent & you should be able to see and do alot! :mickey:

AuntDJ
05-20-2008, 10:20 AM
This is the time that I usually go. It is hot and fairly busy. But I have never received a pin code for a discount, so I am hoping that is a good sign that maybe crowd levels are down for this time.

I got the pin yesterday, contacted Karen (Magical Journey's) she has already updated my reservation and saved me $219!!!!! Shout out to Karen!!!!

Have fun!
DJ

the real Alice
05-20-2008, 11:47 AM
I am signed up for all kinds of emails but don't get those pins. We already have a trip booked for this time frame as well and would love to get a discount. Can anyone help?

Thanks

faline
05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
There's no way of knowing to whom Disney will send a postcard offering a special room rate. When Disney does send such a postcard, the PIN number associated with it can only be used by the individual it was sent to so, unfortunately, there's no way to help you get a better discount unless Disney selects you for a mailing.

For the last two years, we've gone the first weekend in June. Two years ago, we found it to be surprisingly uncrowded - far less crowded than we expected. It was enough to make us decide to go again last year for the same weekend in June. What a difference a year made! We found it much more crowded last year. I think it might depend on which schools are out that early and who has decided to vacation at Disney World at that time.

bruin1344
05-20-2008, 01:24 PM
went late may/early june last year, crowds were bigger than expected because it was the week of memorial day but manageable, the weather was fine

jane52
05-20-2008, 07:20 PM
Thanks for all the info. As many times as we have gone to Disney, we have never gone in early June. I figure the heat couldn't be worse than early September. As far as the pin goes, this is the first one we have ever gotten. I guess they figure we are regular visitors so why bother. I too am hoping attendance is down so that is why they are sending out the codes.

MinnieMommie
05-20-2008, 07:48 PM
We were there last year during the 2nd week in June. It was not crowded and the weather was great! This year we will be down the 1st week of June. Hope the crowds and weather are just as nice. Can't wait - almost time! :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-20-2008, 10:55 PM
We are going for a quick trip, June 2-4th, and we are also hoping for less crowded!:mickey:

DisneyMomma23
05-26-2008, 01:00 PM
DH and I are booking the trip as we speak for June 2-7th. am i crazy or what lol i don't know how i will plan it all in such a short time. the opportunity just presented itself so we are taking advantage. we usually go in january or early may so we are also hoping for not too many crowds.. we know its more than it would be in January though where we basically have the parks to ourselves. :)

MinnieMommie
05-26-2008, 01:11 PM
DH and I are booking the trip as we speak for June 2-7th. am i crazy or what lol i don't know how i will plan it all in such a short time. the opportunity just presented itself so we are taking advantage. we usually go in january or early may so we are also hoping for not too many crowds.. we know its more than it would be in January though where we basically have the parks to ourselves. :)

Well isn't that cool! Enjoy but keep an eye on the forecast - possible tropical storm to impact Disney weather during the first week in June. :mickey: