PDA

View Full Version : Surprise in Ice Cream

Lacy
05-19-2008, 11:26 PM
So I was enjoying some ice cream tonight and I found a mosquito or small flying insect frozen in my ice cream. Needless to say I was quite surprised and relieved that I didn't eat it. It was chocolate ice cream so it kind of blended in. I was very unappetized and submitted a complaint to the website since it was after business hours. I certainly hope they respond but I'm not sure what I really want from them. I don't think I'll be buying that brand of ice cream for awhile.

Has anyone ever had anything like this happen?

PirateLover
05-19-2008, 11:42 PM
Well, I definitely think you should be refunded the cost of the ice cream. I mean unless it's something poisonous, it's not really going to affect you, however I agree that it's really gross. :ack::sick:

TinkiTime1989
05-20-2008, 12:17 AM
I bought a big raspberry shaped chocolate once. It was solid chocolate and came apart in pieces. I bit into one and found a good sized hunk of metal. I complained to the company multiple times and never got a response. I'm just glad that it didn't cut me.

BMan62
05-20-2008, 06:33 AM
DW bit into a stainless steel bolt in the bottom of a Drumstick. She contacted the company (Nestle) and get 5 free boxes once she sent the bolt back to them - postpaid. Luckily, she did not break a vernier.

Magic Smiles
05-20-2008, 07:41 AM
I was once eating frozen lasagna that I had cooked. In it was metal pieces. It turned out to be bristles from the brushes that they company used to clean the equipment with. The company offered me a free case of lasagna, but I said "No thanks".

mickey&missy
05-20-2008, 08:42 AM
Yikes!! I'm glad you didn't eat it!!

When I was very pregnant with DD DH and I went to eat a local Applebee's. I ordered a cheeseburger. There was some lettuce on the side. Along with a fat, green worm!! :sick: It was still alive!! :sick: The manager was horrified! My meal was free and we got free dessert. But, I still hate Applebee's!

crazeedizneefinatic
05-20-2008, 09:30 AM
I remember 3 very memorable things I have found in food. When I was around 6 my mom used to make me oatmeal from a pouch. She opened it and found a worm. She contacted the company and a rep came to the house. This was 1977 when customer service was still alive, LOL! We kept it in a tupperware container and when she opened it the worm had been eating the oatmeal and grew 3 times it weight, needless to say I never ever ate oatmeal agian and the thought of it makes me sick!

Another time just recently we were at chili's and I had a salad, I was almost done with it and found a load of ants floating in the dressing at the bottom!

And the best one. We were at Cracker Barrel and my husband bite into a steak fry and we all heard a cracking noise and he grabbed the side of his mouth. He had just had a crown put on a few weeks before and I thought that soemthing was wrong. He pulled out a stone! It must have grown in the potatoe and when they cut the fries at the factory it was in there?? Cracker Barral paid for a dentist visit.

JPL
05-20-2008, 09:36 AM
I found a nice chunk of wood when eating Honey Bunches of Oats. I called the company they send a little bag for me to send the wood back to them along with coupons for like 10 boxes of cereal.

garymacd
05-20-2008, 09:43 AM
So I was enjoying some ice cream tonight and I found a mosquito or small flying insect frozen in my ice cream.

Shh. Don't tell everyone or they will want one, too!

"Waiter! What's this fly doing in my soup?"

"Backstroke, sir."

DisneyDog
05-20-2008, 10:00 AM
When I was about 5 years old, my mom poured me a bowl of raisin bran and left me to eat my breakfast. I started yelling to her "mommy, there are ants in my cereal!" She yelled back to me "they are just raisins! Eat it!" Needless to say, they really were ants! She finally came back, saw it and then believed me. Sheesh!

conorsmom2000
05-20-2008, 12:06 PM
I have had this happen to me twice.....

the first time, I was about 4 or 5 months pregnant with Conor. Mike and I went to a local ice cream place and I ordered this dish that comes with Chocolate Chip Mint ice cream and a slice of pound cake. Well, I noticed the top of the pound cake was green, but I thought the ice cream had gotten on it. I was just about to take a bite when I realized that it wasn't ice cream - it was mold! And the top was just covered in it. Mike and I were livid as there was no way they could not have seen it when they were cutting it!

The 2nd time was very recent. I was opening a package of Quaker instant oatmeal for breakfast - I dumped it into the bowl and one odd looking oat happened to catch my eye. I looked at it and thought I saw a weird looking bug. I left the oatmeal and didn't eat it, but showed it to Mike when he got home, just asking "do you see anything weird?" He looked right at it and said "that's a bug". Haven't had oatmeal since.

:ack: :ack: :ack:

TheMartellFamily
05-20-2008, 12:21 PM
I got a small carton of yougurt and it had a black hair in it. I called the company to let them know and they said that they were sorry and sent me a coupon for a dozen free yougurts. The other one that comes to mind is I was drinking a from a clear bottle of gatorade and broke the seal of the cap. All of a sudden a whole bunch of black chucks of stuff came off of the rim and into the drink. I thought it was dirt but did not want to know, did not investagate as to what it was. I called the company and they sent me coupons for more free stuff. To this day I will not drink gatorade because of that.

ShelbyAD
05-20-2008, 12:59 PM
I've had a few things happen.

You know those Phillsbury (I think that's who makes them) holiday cookies that come in a tube? They're the sugar cookies with a design on them. Well, I bought one of those one time, opened it and there were live & dead bugs in it. I brought it back to the store and they gave me my money back.

I had bought a 10 pack of canned tuna at Sam's Club one time. 6 out of the 10 cans were either bad, had ALOT of bones in it or the meat was disgusting. I e-mailed the company and they sent me tons of coupons for free cans. I haven't bought any more cans. I now by the tuna in the pouches. Yes, they cost more, but I haven't had that problem any more.

For about a couple of weeks, whenever I drank Diet Coke it made me sick (body shaking, the "runs" and :ack:). It happened 3 times at 3 different places (one was from a bottle, one from a restaurant and one from a convenient store). I e-mailed Coca-Cola and asked them if they had changed the receipe (they had not) and told them that it made me sick. They sent me 4 coupons for FREE 12 packs. Sure, we bought some. Don't know what it was, whether it was me or what, but I'm fine now.

Lacy
05-20-2008, 10:42 PM
After some of these replies, I'm starting to feel lucky that it wasn't worse than a frozen bug. And I guess I'm glad that I haven't had things like this happen more often.

I got an auto reply that they received my message and they typically respond within 2 days on complaints. So we'll see if I hear anything tomorrow.

Here we go again...
05-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Here is one you might enjoy...
I went to Sonic and bought 2 breakfast sandwiches. I picked up my friend for work and we started eating our breakfast. As she went to take her second bite I saw her face and could tell something was really wrong... she handed me the sandwich and there, in the melted cheese, was a Scooby Doo bandaid!.
To this day I still can not eat a sandwich of any kind without opening it and looking inside for "surprises".

mrsgaribaldi
05-21-2008, 10:24 AM
Alot of these posts turned my stomach, especially the bugs in the oatmeal since I used to eat oatmeal;)
The bandaid one was pretty :sick: too. The worst I've had, the worst that I've had that I've seen, is a bug in a soda cup from McDonalds. I have to open the lid and check all the time now.

ElenitaB
05-22-2008, 04:04 PM
I found a nice chunk of wood when eating Honey Bunches of Oats.
Was that the company's misguided attempt to increase the fiber in your cereal?

I've found a worm in my salad ... for the longest time I would only have salads at home after that.