PDA

View Full Version : Renting A Car on the WDW Property?

Mfarquar
05-19-2008, 11:24 PM
Have any of you rented a car from the Alamo rent-a-car from the WDW Car Care Center or at the WDW Swan locations?

My husband and I will only need a rental for 3 out of the 11 days we'll be staying on the WDW property. We'd ideally like to pick up the car during the latter portion of our trip from one of these locations, and simply return it to the airport on our departure day. So, we'd be using Magical Express when we arrive, but driving back to the airport ourselves at the end of our trip.

What's the best way to go about this? I have never travelled to the Car Care Center without a car! Is this possible from the Transportation and Ticket Center? Would we be better off taking a boat to the Swan from EPCOT to pick up a car from the Alamo desk there?

Has anyone ever done this? Any tips are much appreciated! :)

faline
05-20-2008, 12:02 PM
If you rent from the Car Care Center, you can arrange for them to come to your resort to pick you up and drive you over there. There is also a rental location at the Dolphin. Check rates at both locations as you might find difference.

Renting on site is very easy to do!

Dopey's Girl
05-20-2008, 12:11 PM
I returned at the Dolphin and it was quite easy! My aunt rented at the Car Care Center and said it was a really easy task as well! They came to pick her up in a van, took her to the center, got her rental and she was on her way...can't get much better than that!