PDA

View Full Version : Meals in the RV/Camper/Cabin

Dakota Rose
05-19-2008, 08:13 PM
Which meals do you cook in your RV/camper/cabin?

We plan on eating 1 meal per day (or maybe 2) in the RV, but I just can't decide which one. Breakfast makes sense since we just kind of put breakfast food out and eat while waiting for our turn in the shower. But then lunch makes sense because we'll come back for a rest in the afternoon. I don't want to eat both meals in the RV every day because half the fun of WDW is the food in my opinion!

So what do you guys do?

Disneyfun
05-20-2008, 12:39 AM
My family used to do the RV trips in the mid 80's and they were great - I miss them!
We would always eat breakfast in the RV, pack sandwiches for lunch and then eat dinner either at the park or at the RV if it was an early day as we would camp at an off site campground quite a distance away.
If I were you, I would plan on breakfast each day and then alter dinner and lunch depending on you plans.

ibrowse17
05-20-2008, 08:48 AM
We have either breakfast or lunch when we cook at the site. One of my favorite things is breakfast in the site before a day in the parks!! I also love walking, or taking the cart, to the bus stop and smelling other sites cooking breakfast also! Man is that great:thumbsup:

tys_mommy
05-20-2008, 02:17 PM
Last month we had breakfast every day at the camper and then usually one other meal a day - it varied for us as to what the other meal was though. We would gauge the “baby level” around 11 and if we thought we’d need an early nap we’d go back for lunch – if we thought we could push it until 2 or 3 we’d stay at the park for a while longer and then go back for late naps at the camper and have dinner before going back to our evening destination. A coulpe of days we didn't go back at all. I went with a plan but it was always flexible - if we were having a good time at the parks I didn't want to leave just b/c I had lunch waiting back at the camper - I'm all about saving money (that's the reason we camped) but we also paid a lot of money to go on vacation so why not enjoy it.

Dakota Rose
05-20-2008, 09:02 PM
Sounds good, guys. I appreciate the ideas. Part of my problem is I'm bored with the all-american food here in ND. I'm salivating for something other than steaks, chicken and burgers! :)

SFTrny
05-20-2008, 09:11 PM
We always stay in the cabin and plan on Breakfast and Dinner in the cabin as a routine. Lunches are faster and cheaper in the parks and we come back to the cabin around4 in the afternoon for dinner and a rest before going back out. But, we also plan on a couple of days through the week where we will have dinner or a breakfast out in one of the restaurants. We find it is a nice way to balance cost against the fun of park / resort meals.

joonyer
05-21-2008, 04:32 PM
For breakfast or dinner, its very convenient to use crock pot meals. When you get up (usually in a hurry to leave) or return to camp after a long day (too tired to prepare supper) you've got a hot meal ready to eat.

Dakota Rose
05-22-2008, 12:02 AM
Oh! That's a great idea!

I've tentatively planned our meals this way:

Arrival Night: Hoop De Doo

All breakfasts: in the RV

Day 2 L: Cosmic Rays
D: Chef Mickey's

Day 3 L: RV
D: Boma

Day 4 L: Sci-Fi
D: Crystal Palace (could change to RV)

Day 5 L: RV
D: Date night for DH & I
RV for my parents and kids

Day 6 L: El Pirato
D: Trail's End

Day 7 L: T-Rex Cafe
D: on the road, we'll be heading home. :(

gmgdisneymom
05-31-2008, 08:58 PM
When we camped we ate our breakfast in the RV and then packed snacks for the parks. We got the meal plan for lunches and dinners. It worked out great