PDA

View Full Version : FW Cabin vs. moderate

mickey's buddy
05-19-2008, 06:34 PM
We'll be going to DW the last week of Aug. We are trying to decide between a Ft. Wilderness cabin or 2 rooms at Coronado Springs. :confused: We've stayed at moderates B4 so we know what they offer...but would appreciate any info on FW cabins & FW resort in general. Thanks for the help!:mickey:

summerRose
05-19-2008, 07:21 PM
I've stayed at both...personally I'd do the cabins again...over coronado springs if I needed the room....can't beat having a kitchen and a deck to relax on...I loved feeling like I was getting away when we'd stop at our cabin for a mid day break...it's like two vacations in one...a woodsy retreat and Disney too!:mickey:

A Big Kid
05-20-2008, 10:27 AM
I have stayed at both, and they are both good choices in their own right.

The big difference that I see is that with the CS you will get two bathrooms as opposed to one in the cabins.

I'd stay at either one again.

Dopey's Girl
05-20-2008, 12:05 PM
I loved the cabins...they were so quiet and quaint. Having 2 bathrooms would be nice when getting ready, but we loved having the kitchen and all the outside space. Plus we were traveling with an infant and a 3 year old, so not having to worry about neighbors was a huge plus for us!

CU Tiger
05-20-2008, 12:52 PM
We have stayed in the FW cabins each of the past four years and plan on doing it again. We love:
•the living room area where you can sit on a couch instead of a bed to watch TV in the evening
•having a back room that you can close the door and allow the kids to go to bed early and you can stay up without bothering them
•the deck were you can chill out in the calming woods, having a beverage:beer::marg:, while the kids are riding their bikes around the loop and playing (can’t do this at the hotel)
•having a full kitchen with the refrigerator w/ ice maker, large microwave, etc..
•that there is so much to see and do in FW
•riding the boats to MK, WL, and Contemporary where we jump on the monorail
•Campfire/sing-along/movie every night
This is like comparing a condo in the woods to a hotel room in the city. We feel this is the best kept secret and value in DW.:thumbsup::mickey: