PDA

View Full Version : Disney Visa

GoofyFan3
05-19-2008, 04:40 PM
Please tell me what I need to know about the card. I have put my July trip on it I have earned about 200 points now what do I do. Thanks, I tried to use it on a previous trip but had no luck. Now I would like to take advantage of it.

KylesMom
05-19-2008, 04:43 PM
Either call Chase or go online & order your rewards card. Have your $200 transferred to the card, and you're ready to go!

faline
05-19-2008, 05:05 PM
The Rewards card is a separate card that you order from Chase. It's the size and shape of a regular credit card. Once your rewards dollars are loaded on this card and you receive it, you can use it just like a gift card and it will deduct your rewards dollars from the card as you use them. This card will also have an expiration date on it. If you still have rewards dollars on your card when the card expires, you will lose those dollars so be sure to watch this as well.

Tick-Tock
05-19-2008, 05:28 PM
There is a minimum number of dollars you can transfer to start a rewards card (I think 20). I usually go online and transfer the minimum a couple of months before my trip, wait to receive my card in the mail, then go online again and transfer all my remaining dollars to the card just after the end of the billing period right before my trip (you can't get the rewards dollars you earn during a month until the close of the billing period for that month).

You can use your rewards card anywhere at WDW that you can use a room charge/Key to the World card or a credit card (food, merchandise, strollers, hotel bill, whatever). What we did on our last trip was simply apply the rewards dollars to pay off the expenses we charged to the room.

Crow
05-19-2008, 06:54 PM
what they said
the first time i got my reward dollars, I went to visitor center at DD & they were able to give me a rewards card there.
I used it the last 2 trips for:beer::marg: and will use the little i have now for Sept

Tink#64
05-19-2008, 07:23 PM
I believe it takes several weeks to get your rewards card after you request, I think I read somewhere to allow about 3 weeks. Then you call & have your reward points transferred to the card.

We made a very last minute trip to WDW during Spring Break, we only knew we were going about a week before the trip! I didn't have time to request a new card & my previous card had already expired! I was in a panic becuase I had over 400 reward points! I called Chase & they told me where I could go in WDW to get a blank card & then call them with the id #'s from the front of the card & they then transfer the existing reward points as of your last statement onto the card! I did this at guest services in DTD, & then I was able to purchase our park tix there & used my reward points towards the purchase of the tix! I was so relieved that I was able to use my reward points even though I didn't have time to go through the usual process of obtaining the card! Chase Disney is great & those reward points paid for half of our park tix total price! Amazing reward for putting all of our gas, groceries & misc. purchases on the Disney Visa! :thumbsup:

Don't forget about the Disney Visa Character Meet & Greet in Epcot & your free 5 x 7 photo! Another great perk! :cool:

tinkgirl07
05-25-2008, 11:36 AM
I was wondering how far in advance i should order my card. We are leaving in 4 months....will the card expire before then? How long do you have before the card expires? I don't have that many reward dollars so I know I'll be able to spend them all while I'm down there. Just want to be prepared, but not too prepared that the rewards expire before the trip! :mickey:

Beast_fanatic
05-25-2008, 12:15 PM
I was wondering how far in advance i should order my card. We are leaving in 4 months....will the card expire before then? How long do you have before the card expires? I don't have that many reward dollars so I know I'll be able to spend them all while I'm down there. Just want to be prepared, but not too prepared that the rewards expire before the trip! :mickey:

The card will expire at the end of the following year, so cards ordered now will expire at the end of 2009.

sgdisney
05-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Another benefit of the Disney VISA is that it will get you a few discounts while in the World. By using your card, you can get 10% off at the World of Disney and tours are 20% off. From time to time, they have other special offers too. Check their website for all the specials.