PDA

View Full Version : Disneys regulations for....

momof3+twins
05-19-2008, 01:30 PM
Does Disney allow toasters, foreman grills, etc in the rooms?
With the cost of gas we are considering camping out at Disney .LOL.

Strmchsr
05-19-2008, 01:44 PM
I don't believe any type of cooking items are to be allowed inside rooms. If you're talking about one of the cabins that may be a different story.

crazeedizneefinatic
05-19-2008, 01:49 PM
I would think Disney would not allow those types of things unless it was a suite and they supplied it. I could be dead wrong though, I at least would hope they wouldn't. I think it would be a bit dangerous to allow guests to bring their own cooking items in. It makes me nervous thinking about sleeping next to a room and someone leaving on a grill or starting a fire. The food courts do have toasters and things to use to save some extra money. We have used the microwaves to heat leftovers and used the toasters in the mornings.

I know how you feel, gas here again has risen, it's just plain crazy!

joonyer
05-19-2008, 02:03 PM
I have brought my own coffee maker to use at the values before with no problems, but that is a little different from a grill or toaster. I would think a small (portable) microwave oven would be ok, maybe.

JerseyDad
05-19-2008, 02:13 PM
I have brought my own coffee maker to use at the values before with no problems, but that is a little different from a grill or toaster. I would think a small (portable) microwave oven would be ok, maybe.

....even if cooking were allowed (of any kind) in the WDW resort rooms...the microwave might draw too much power and blow a circuit. But, if cooking were allowed...then I wouldn't be suprised if, before too long, someone didn't set up a barbeque grill outside their room!!

TammiMcMan
05-19-2008, 02:40 PM
I would strongly suggest that you contact Disney and ask them directly, [email protected]

I cannot imagine that they would allow them in a standard room, but there are alternatives if you do want to prepare all your own meals. You could camp at FW, stay in a cabin, DVC unit, in the Downtown Disney area at the Doubletree Guest Suites, or stay offsite in an affordable townhouse or rental home.

momof3+twins
05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
I kind of thought that would be the case. I am surprised that they don't have that information on the reservation when they send it to you. I know that another large hotel chain/resort that I will not name has that info on their reservation confirmation.
And for the record, I do think it is unsafe also.
Do you think the maids would report it to the front desk? I would hope so, it is kind of scary now that it was mentioned!

TheRustyScupper
05-19-2008, 05:45 PM
1) As mentioned by TammiMcMan, cooking is permitted in various WDW resorts.
. . . DVC units
. . . FW cabins
. . . FW campsites
2) In these, you are allowed to bring you own devices.
3) Also, yes, maid will report cooking devices in regular rooms.

NOTE: If the maid doesn't report devices in regular rooms, the room supervisor might. In many cases, rooms are now reviewed by a Housekeeping supervisor before they are released.

minnie1956
05-19-2008, 10:28 PM
What Scupper said.

Regular, standard hotel rooms are NOT wired to be a home away from home. Heck, there's not enough counter space in most places for "stuff" let alone shoving in a kitchenette.
Can you say "Fire hazard??"

There are all kinds of ways to save $$ read around on this board and you'll find them!

As far as gas: It's $3.99 a gallon here.

KineGirl
05-19-2008, 11:16 PM
Ive only stayed in DVC units so I cant speak to anywhere else but I was able to bring a small rotisserie and our Mickey waffle iron one year to our 2BR villa. I DID call ahead and they were fine with it. Of course there was already a kitchen in the villa so I didnt think there would be a problem but I wanted to check to make sure.

Mousemates
05-19-2008, 11:39 PM
On cooking in the room....please don't, the rooms aren't ventilated for that and it creates soem smell issues...both for your neighbors and the folks who will follow in the room behind you...we once stayed in a room near ticonderoga ny (had no choice it was the only place open and the only room left in a snow storm) where the guests next to us were cooking in their room, the smell leaked thorugh and when we woke up the next morning everything. including our clothes, still smelled like burnt bacon.

momof3+twins
05-21-2008, 01:45 PM
I just read on another site that the maids will report appliances and you could be kicked out of your room.
So, I will not be doing this. But, it didn't hurt to ask. I really didn't know the answer to this since I have seen and heard about people doing this. But, I think Disney has really cracked down on this since then.

TheMartellFamily
05-21-2008, 07:10 PM
If staying in the cabins they have a full kitchen. If camping there is electric sites and BBQ grill.