PDA

View Full Version : I'm in a PICKLE here, Please help me out!!!!

lebo
05-19-2008, 12:18 PM
I made Ressies for Chef Mickeys August 3 @ 7:20 AM. We were originally going to rent a car, but now that has changed. Can someone tell me how to get to the CR on time for this.
Do buses run that early?:confused:

tinkerbell04
05-19-2008, 12:26 PM
The busses start running about an hour or so before the parks open. I have seen them running as early as you may need them. However, with your reservation being so early, if I were you, I would just grab a cab and take a direct route to the CR. Even with busses, you will have to transfer at least once and that at 7 am wouldn't be my idea of a good start to the day! Good luck :)

MauiMouse
05-19-2008, 01:56 PM
Where are you staying? If on-site then you could try and get a bus, they have them running early just for people who have early ADRs & of course Extra Magic Morning as well. If Magic Kingdom is have EMH that morning then I say it would be probably a good chance to catch a bus. But if not then I'd probably take a taxi over to the Contemprary just to be on the safe side.

Good Luck.

Jasper
05-19-2008, 02:08 PM
I won't swear to the exact time but I do know that during our last two trips to WDW we had the earliest seating you could possibly get at Chef Mickey's. In both cases we stayed at one of the All Star Resorts and had no problem getting a Disney bus to the Contemporary that time of day.

Granted, like always we went from the All Star to the TTC and then hopped on the monorail to get to the Contemporary. Just be sure to get on the resort monorail and not the Magic Kingdom monorail or you will end up having to either walk from there over to the Contemporary or go down the ramp and then back up to the monorail and reboard the resort monorail.

If you are staying off property you will need to check with your hotel and see if they provide service at that time. If they don't, you will likely have to take a cab over to the TTC or if they will let you, directly to the Contemporary.

bigbabyblues
05-19-2008, 02:22 PM
I've seen buses as early as 6:45, so they're running that early, but they don't come often. I'd be at the bus stop at about o'darkthirty (more likely 6:25 or so).

We had a 7:45 at the Poly last year and made it by 7:35 from Pop. We were at the bus stop for awhile before the bus came, and it was the only bus we saw that early.

lebo
05-19-2008, 02:24 PM
We are staying at Pop Century. And "yes" MK does have EMH that day, but it is for the Evening/

katzctkpt
05-20-2008, 08:59 AM
When you check in to your resort ask them what time the buses start to run and that you have reservations at chef mickeys and go from there deciding whether to bus or taxi. If buses are running around 6:45 I'd be at the bus stop by 6:30 and catch the bus to MK and then walk over to the Comtemporary it's about a 5 min walk or you could catch the monorail.

KAT1811
05-20-2008, 09:58 AM
The park is slotted to open at 9:00am that morning. If memory serves me correctly Disney tells its guests that the bussed begin running about 1 hour prior to park opening. That would only be 8:00am too late for your ADR. I would double check at guest services when you check in but in the case that you are not able to get a bus (I'd be more surprised if you could not, at the very least, get to the TTC and hop the monerail to the CR) then have guest services call you a cab and take that. Personally that early in the morning a cab seems easier than posting yourselves at the bus stop oober early.

Jared
05-20-2008, 09:48 PM
There a special bus for groups with early morning character meals that begins running around 7 a.m. Just go to the Magic Kingdom and walk five minutes to the hotel. You should be fine.

:tasty: