PDA

View Full Version : Chef Mickey's without ADR?

AXOAlum
05-19-2008, 10:32 AM
Hi all - we're a family of four now (DD is just 8 weeks old) and we will be at the World in September during the free dining plan offer. We don't personally care for Chef Mickey's, but recently our neighbors were able to book their trip to go with us. They are family of four also (DD's are 5 and 11) and are newbies to WDW. Being that I want to provide them with an exceptional trip to remember, I was thinking that we should have dinner at Chef Mickey's on our first Saturday there (this is check-in day for us and we are travelling so dinner is the only option). I think they would love the dining experience and it would kick off our week of adventure in the perfect WDW magical way. I keep calling to try to get an ADR (we would take a split table) but nothing is open. Is it possible for us to get seated if we don't have an ADR (okay, anything is possible - but is it likely?) - I will keep calling every day between now and then of course, but in case nothing opens up, what is your best guess? We have talked about doing Boma for dinner which they are interested in, but I wanted to surprise them with the CM dinner if possible.

(I want to do something extra special for them because I don't want to feel as guilty later in our trip when I score four points with our dear friend "BEVERLY" on our trip to EPCOT.
:haha: :secret: :thedolls: )

disneyfan328
05-19-2008, 11:02 AM
we went last september during Free dining and I can tell you that without an ADR just showing up it is not likely that you will get in especially not 2 families worth. Your best best is to keep calling everyday - even several times a day and see if someone cancels which usually does happen. We saw sooo many people being turned away at many places that week as they didn't have ADR's. With the free dining being offered everyone books those up early. You could try also checking with the guest services at the hotel when you get there to see if they can get you in.

Best of luck in getting the ADR's that you want. Boma will get booked up too so if you are wanting that as a plan b, I would make that ADR asap if you haven't already done so.:mickey:

Disneyglamour
05-19-2008, 12:15 PM
I agree. Your best bet is to just keep calling. I was so glad that I had made ADRs the last time I went because the wait was ridiculous! Great choice for the newbies though! :mickey:

I haven't tried "BEVERLY" yet but I've heard stories...guess I'm gonna have to just to see how horrible it is. haha