PDA

View Full Version : tickets

gerald72
05-19-2008, 07:51 AM
I was considering getting 10 day passes, with the park hopper option, water park option, and no expiration option.
I figure this will be enough days to cover 3 or even 4 trips, with the 10 water park visits.
For four people, this will cost nearly $2,000.00.

Here are my questions:
1) Can these days be broken up onto more than four passes. I'd hate to carry around the park $2K (and lose) worth of admissions. Also, I like to save the admission passes as souvenirs each trip. Can't do that if I have to reuse them.

2) Where is the best place to purchase them? I suppose I'd have to wait until I made reservations for the first trip if I want the DDP.

3) What is the Advance purchase savings? How do I take advantage of that?

4) If a ticket is purchased for an under-10 year old, I assume the ticket can still be used later whether that person is 9, 11 or 111?

LauraF
05-19-2008, 10:35 AM
1. Not that I'm aware of. Besides the tickets are on study plastic cards that last. I kept mine at the end of the visit as even once you use it for the last time, you still get it back. As far as worries about losing them, write down the number on the back of each individual ticket and put it in a safe place. If you lose the ticket you can go to Guest Services and have them cancel and re-issue you another ticket.

2. I personally prefer the WDW website, but there are a few licensed discount places (hint: check the ICOT sponsors on the left of this page). Do not EVER buy tickets off Ebay no matter the "deal." They're not.

3. I'm not sure what the Advance purchase amount is these days, so perhaps someone else here does. Again, not having bought tickets anyplace other than a Disney store or WDW's website, I'm not sure if it applies to ticket brokers.

4. Nope. Under-10 means just that. If you have someone with that ticket who then uses it again after their 10th b-day you have to go to Guest Services and get the ticket upgraded and pay the difference between the child ticket and adult ticket. (It's not really that bad.)

If you are considering 3 or 4 visits you are probably better off considering AP's - I know one Adult AP is less than the cost of the fully loaded MYW for 10 days. Plus you get other discounts that way! :)

merlinmagic4
05-19-2008, 12:30 PM
Definitely write down the numbers on the tickets so if they are lost or damaged they can be replaced.

The information I received was that if you buy a ticket for a child under 10, they will upgrade that ticket to an adult ticket for free as long as it was first used when that child was under 10. Perhaps that has changed but I have not heard otherwise.

We bought 10 day "plus" passes in 2005 and used them in 2005, twice in 2007 and just finished them up in 2008. It works out really well if you can get through the trips completely without having to purchase one or two additional days toward the end. If you have to do that, you lose your savings.

The AP would be good if all of the trips were in the same year.

CleveRocks
05-19-2008, 02:36 PM
3. I'm not sure what the Advance purchase amount is these days, so perhaps someone else here does. Again, not having bought tickets anyplace other than a Disney store or WDW's website, I'm not sure if it applies to ticket brokers. There is no discount or savings for purchasing tickets in advance. Buy them now or buy them at the gate, it's the same price down to the penny. If you buy now (or reserve now as part of a package), you will NOT be subject to any price increase that could occur between now and your vacation.

There are several reputable, authorized resellers of new DIsney theme park tickets. These places tend to be slightly cheaper than Disney itself. You might save only $10 or $15 on a $200 ticket, but every little bit helps.

4. Nope. Under-10 means just that. If you have someone with that ticket who then uses it again after their 10th b-day you have to go to Guest Services and get the ticket upgraded and pay the difference between the child ticket and adult ticket. (It's not really that bad.)This is absolutely incorrect. Disney DOES NOT CHARGE for changing your child's ticket from child to adult, as long as the ticket was originally purchased for that child and has been at leats partially used.

In other words, you buy a 10-day non-expiring ticket for your 8 year old. You use a few days of the ticket each year. She turns 10, and you still have 4 days left on the ticket. During your next trip, take her and the ticket to any Guest Services location at a theme park, water park, DTD or your resort. They will change it to an adult ticket FOR FREE.

If you are considering 3 or 4 visits you are probably better off considering AP's - I know one Adult AP is less than the cost of the fully loaded MYW for 10 days. Plus you get other discounts that way! :)Sure, but only if those 3 or 4 visits are in the course of 365 consecutive days. If those 3 or 4 visits will span more than one year, then the AP would be a very very bad deal.

LauraF
05-20-2008, 08:45 AM
Disney DOES NOT CHARGE for changing your child's ticket from child to adult, as long as the ticket was originally purchased for that child and has been at leats partially used.
Thanks for the correction. This must have changed, because I recall my father complaining many years ago (about 15 now) about having to pay extra for my younger siblings on one trip. Either the policy has changed or he was confused.