PDA

View Full Version : CR first timer...

tinkgirl07
05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
Hi all! We just booked a trip and we decided to stay at the CR resort. We are staying in a standard room on the atrium club level....

I had a few questions. I was wondering if anyone has stayed here, and what their experiences were like. How do I know which view we will have? Are all these rooms updated/renovated?

I appreciate any help/suggestions/tidbits you have to offer me!

mouseketeer mom
05-19-2008, 06:16 AM
With the standard atrium club room you can request a view, but it is not guaranteed. We had ressies for the same room type as you this past November, and changed it instead to a tower, MK view room, as I wanted that view guaranteed. It was spectacular. We could watch Wishes from our bed!
We were very happy staying at the CR. It was a high energy, in the heart of it all resort. Our room faced the park, GF and the Poly and we could see Chef Mickey's and all of the characters from the hallway outside of our room. The rooms were spacious and modern.
Enjoy!

LisRich
05-19-2008, 01:50 PM
Our family LOVES the Contemporary! The rooms are very large and underwent renovations just a few years ago to give them a very modern, yet comfortable, feel. We were in the tower club the last two years and from what I understand, the offerings in the atrium club are the same. Very nice and convenient to have - we always had breakfast in the lounge (except for one breakfast at Chef Mickey's) and grabbed snacks and drinks there.
As for the views, many prefer a MK view which is spectacular and you can't get a better view of the fireworks. But I've heard many Intercotees also rave about the views of Bay Lake - either way, I don't think you will be disappointed. The views from the tower are breathtaking whichever way you look!
Have a wonderful trip!!

Mousemates
05-19-2008, 02:37 PM
While the Mk view is what most folks like best...I actually prefer the water view form the tower...I like to kind of get away from the parks a little bit more at the end of the day...and (don't ask me why) but I also absolutely love the nightly electric water parade...must have something to do with watching it from a waterview room way back in 74 with my grandparents.

You'll love your room either way. Our room there over the holidays last new years rates at the top of my kids all-time favorite rooms on vacation. And nothing beats being able to walk home from the MK.

LisRich
05-19-2008, 07:03 PM
Another thing I just thought of as far as views. While I haven't been in the Atrium Club, I am assuming it is similar to Tower Club in that there are views and balconies overlooking the MK. Perhaps someone will come along and confirm - or you could call CR and check. In that case, if you did get a view of Bay Lake, you could always go to the lounge and watch the fireworks from there (and have a glass of wine or a beer from the lounge)!

tinkgirl07
05-20-2008, 04:28 PM
That's a lot of good points about requesting rooms. I think I won't tell my family you can even do that, that way we won't get too excited about a castle view in case we don't get it. I know both views will be amazing, and I don't want us not getting what we want distract us from the amazing time and view we will have either way. We are blessed to even be staying at CR let alone on the club level. I knew I could count on fellow intercotees to keep my mouse ears on straight :mickey:

NJRRK
05-27-2008, 05:36 PM
There is a balcony off the lounge on the Atrium Club floor. If you get a Bay Lake view just wander to the lounge to get you view of the castle and wishes if you want.

I've only stayed in a MK view, so this time I would not be disappointed if I get a Bay Lake view, but the kids and parents (mine) want a MK view.