PDA

View Full Version : Shirts On Water Slides?

RunawayRun
05-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Do you happen to know if BB and TL allow t-shirts on their water slides (including rides like Crushin Gusher and Summit Plummet)? Thanks!

BluewaterBrad
05-18-2008, 05:04 PM
Yes they do. Have fun!!:mickey:

Young@Heart
05-18-2008, 07:58 PM
Yes they do. Have fun!!:mickey:

Good question, and thanks for the answer! I was wondering the same thing. Of couse, I'm staying far away from the big slides, but DH and DS's are adventurous enough to try them out, and I'm thinking a shirt in Aug. will be more effective than just sunscreen.

Goofy Texan
05-18-2008, 10:27 PM
Even better than just a T-shirt is washing all your vacation shirts in SunGuard. It's made by Rit (the fabric dye company). Just one washing in SunGuard adds SPF 30 protection to the cloth. The effect lasts for 20 washings - about 5 months worth. The average T-shirt only has an SPF of 5.

You can buy it at most craft stores for about $2 a box. Look for it by the fabric dye. (And no, I don't work for them)

One more thing. If you wear a t-shirt over your swim suit, make sure it's a tight fitting one. The cotton absorbs water and a loose t-shirt will quickly get water logged and uncomfortable.

Mousemates
05-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Yes, they do...much to the chagrin of the teenage boys who seem to linger for a while at the bottom of the big slides. My daughter won't ride without one, after seeing how the combined forces of water, friction and gravity can deftly remove the upper portion of a bikini.

wendy*darling
05-19-2008, 12:03 PM
My daughter won't ride without one, after seeing how the combined forces of water, friction and gravity can deftly remove the upper portion of a bikini.
Now you know why there are bleachers at the bottom of those slides! :D

Shirts are a good idea. And I love the suggestion about SunGuard- I learned something new today. :thumbsup: