PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Surprise Trip - Pretrip report

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
05-18-2008, 02:34 PM
We have an exciting trip ahead of us so I thought I'd write a quick report a week out! Who's going? Me (Mom), DH, DS, Nini (my mom) and Papa (my dad). We're staying at the Dolphin (wanted to try something new) from May 24-29. Nini turns 60 on May 20th and DS turns 5 on May 27th. For her birthday, Nini wanted us all to go to WDW for a longer trip than usual (2.5 days before beach vacation). The surprise part is that DS does not know we're going to WDW and we plan to keep it from him for AS LONG as possible to has a truly magical surprise moment!:mickey:

I started packing today since DS is away for today and I won't get the question of 'why are you packing?' We have our 'touring plans' almost done. Only one day left to finish. We have had great luck in the past following a tight plan to beat the crowds and this year we're going to have a bit 'looser' plan. So, here's the quick rundown of our plans!!

Saturday: Leave at 6 am to drive down to WDW. Check in at Dolphin. Proceed to Hollywood Studios for the day. ADR at 50s Prime Time Cafe.

Sunday: Animal Kingdom day. Breakfast ADR at Tusker House with Donald (DS's fav!), DS wants to brave EE with me (I can't WAIT!), Dinner ADR at Yak & Yeti.

Monday: MK day. No ADRs planned (I'm freaking out). PPP that night. DS has his Captain Jack costume ready! Nini and I are wearing princess crowns. DH and Papa are just fine with normal clothes, thank you very much!

Tuesday: Epcot day and DS's 5th Birthday!!:party: :party: Dinner ADR at Biergarten. DH and I are planning on sneaking back to the Dolphin at some point to decorate the room for our return that night.

Wednesday: The day everyone else is freaking out over but I'm excited about. We have NO plans for that day! The only thing scheduled is an early ADR at California Grill (Nini's pick for her birthday dinner). I'm excited about the day because it gives us a chance to hit anything at the parks we missed or provides us a 'make-up day' if we encounter rain. We will probably end the day at MK since it is always what we try to end with. It's just magical to have the last memory be the Castle Kiss.

Thursday: EARLY (7:40 am) ADR at Cape May Cafe and then heading home.

Hopefully DS won't cry when we leave this year. Last year we watched the parade at the entrance to the park so we could wave goodbye to Mickey as we left. DS said - 'Bye Mickey - see you next year - I'll miss you!' I can't wait until the moment he realizes he gets to spend his birthday with Mickey and friends!!

Back to packing! I'll start my reports the night before we leave!

EvilQueen2006
05-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Sounds like fun! Can't ait to hear how the surprise worked out. Have a magical and glorious trip!

ChipnDaleGal
05-18-2008, 04:03 PM
What a wonderful trip you have ahead of you! I hope that you all have a great time celebrating birthdays and having fun together. :mickey:

BluewaterBrad
05-18-2008, 04:26 PM
Sounds like a plan! Have a great time!!:mickey:

wdwgrl377
05-18-2008, 06:02 PM
sounds like you've got a great trip planned there. I can't wait to hear about your DS's reaction to the news of going to WDW!

Thanks for sharing!! :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-18-2008, 06:10 PM
sounds like a super fun trip!! I love surprises!!

MauiMouse
05-18-2008, 07:50 PM
Awe, love it! Sounds like you and your family are going to have an awesome time. Have fun! :mickey:

tinkerbell04
05-19-2008, 11:07 AM
Sounds like you have a fantastic trip planned. I can't wait to hear how the surprise turns out! Thanks for sharing and have a safe trip.:mickey:

faline
05-19-2008, 12:04 PM
Really fun celebrations for both your son and mom! Sounds terrific!

RocknBev
05-19-2008, 07:26 PM
First of all, let me say....it's about time you crazy Disney freaks got on board with Intercot!
Secondly, you are definitely your mother's daughter when it comes to planning...I am having to pick myself off the floor when I read that you have nothing "planned" for Wednesday but I think it is a great idea!
Next...I am very jealous...you all are going to have a great time!
I hope you enjoy the Dolphin...we stayed there last time and loved the local..and being able to walk from the Boardwalk and even Epcot. I don't think your dad is that excited about it but hey you can buy him some Mickey soap :mickey:to keep in the hotel room if it helps! If ya'll absolutely hate it...just blame me since when your mom asked, I encouraged the opportunity!
Take lots of picture and I would encourage you to use the WDW photographers. You can purchase it ahead of time for less and my friends who have done it before LOVED IT...plus I will get to share in all the magic when ya'll get back!
Have a magical trip...and keep those reports coming!

FamilyofDisneyFreaks
05-19-2008, 09:10 PM
Take lots of picture and I would encourage you to use the WDW photographers. You can purchase it ahead of time for less and my friends who have done it before LOVED IT...plus I will get to share in all the magic when ya'll get back!
Have a magical trip...and keep those reports coming!

How do you purchase ahead of time and where?

Thanks! I can't believe we leave in 5 days!!

RocknBev
05-19-2008, 09:50 PM
Go to www.disneyphotopass.com...they have a little demo at the website with all that they have to offer. Bottom line...
You will register and they will email you a registration code that you will give to the first photographer at whatever park you go to that day (if anyone is reading this and I am getting it wrong...please correct me). So throughout your visit whenever you see a WDW photographer, you just ask them to take your pictures and they really take VERY COOL pictures with some special effects especially with the birthdays and DH! When you get home, you can bring them all up on line and have them printed at your local photo shop....your mom can have access as well.
Have a great time!!!

vizsla
05-20-2008, 05:19 AM
Have a great time and a safe trip.

RocknBev
05-22-2008, 07:51 PM
There has to be more information?
I am waiting with baited breath here.....
I mean...I know you are packing and stuff but some of us live vicariously through the lucky ones who actually get to go on these trips right now!

pink
05-23-2008, 08:29 PM
It sounds like you're going to have a great trip and don't let anyone worry you, you're last day will be a blast being able to do whatever you want to do. Have a good time! :mickey: