PDA

View Full Version : Brown Derby-how is it?

fanofdisney
05-18-2008, 08:54 AM
I made an ADR for the Brown Derby because I want to try a couple of new places this trip but now that I look at the menu I'm not so sure. Do they have daily specials that wouldn't be on the menu I saw? Please tell me whether you think I should keep this ADR or switch to another place. We are a party of 11 (3 children/8 adults) and here is the list of the other restaurants we will be eating at:
Boma (new for us)
Teppan Edo (new for us)
LTT
Chef Mickey's
Ohana's
Le Cellier

bc002k
05-18-2008, 09:35 AM
Top notch; it requires 2 DDP credits, but it's totally worth it in my opinion.

Natazu
05-18-2008, 09:49 AM
What is it about the menu that worries you? I can assure you that everything is expertly prepared. You can get most items from the lunch menu at dinnertime. Side dishes can be interchanged and preparation styles can be altered for dislikes. They also have a wider variety of kids items than most Disney restaurants. We've had many wonderful meals there.

Jared
05-18-2008, 10:14 AM
I would stay with The Hollywood Brown Derby. It's probably the best restaurant in any park. What is your problem with the menu? If you really can't find dishes you would like, I suppose it makes no sense to eat there, but the options are relatively standard with just a little flair.

:tasty:

Maleficent's Dad
05-18-2008, 01:20 PM
My kids (9 & 7) love the HBD as much as DW and I do!

Great food. Top notch service. It is one of the few "must do's" every single trip we make. One of the few establishments in WDW where you can actually get good bread...

What makes the place even more amazing to me is that it's smack dab in the middle of a theme park!

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2008, 01:26 PM
One of our favourite dining experiences ever was last April at the Brown Derby. Our kids were 3 and almost 9 at the time -- and the choices available for them were really terrific (no nuggets and mac 'n cheese :clappy: ) . We took our time and really enjoyed the terrific food, the fabulous service and the beautiful (and cool!) atmosphere. Two :thumbsup: from this crew!

fanofdisney
05-18-2008, 02:45 PM
Wow, I'm so excited to hear the great responses! What is your favorite item to order? I guess when I looked at the menu it didn't seem like many things to choose from but now that I look at it again I guess it's about right. I feel much better about eating there now. Thanks again.:mickey:

Mickey'sGirl
05-18-2008, 04:47 PM
It was October, not April that we were there.....Here is a link to my report (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118473) from that visit. It was a really fine experience.

spoonfulosugar
05-18-2008, 10:08 PM
Cobb Salad, Cobb Salad, Cobb Salad, Cobb Salad...even if you want something else as your main course, split a Cobb with someone else in your family. You won't be sorry...it is the best combination of flavors!! My mouth is watering as I type this. We just made a huge one at our house the other night because there's no way we can wait until next May before we have another one :blush:. Have fun!

Vinny
05-18-2008, 10:24 PM
Wow, I'm so excited to hear the great responses! What is your favorite item to order? I guess when I looked at the menu it didn't seem like many things to choose from but now that I look at it again I guess it's about right. I feel much better about eating there now. Thanks again.:mickey:

I must agree with everyone else. My father and I tried the Brown Derby for the first time a few trips back and had a great time. The atmosphere is very relaxed inside and the wait staff were very attentive. I ordered the Grilled Atlantic Salmon which was very good and my father had the Pan Fried Grouper, also very good. It is definitely among my top five restaurants in WDW.

Narawen
05-19-2008, 01:49 AM
Alot on the menu is seasonal so if you looked at the one on Intercot it'll be at least slightly different. We ate there for the Fantasmic package a year ago and it was DIVINE. They had the most amazing salmon with creamy polenta (I usually can't stand polenta but this was PERFECT). The salads were ok but I think they had arugula which I don't like. I had the grapefruit cake which was surprisingly good (I don't like grapefruit that much, can't remember why I ordered it) and my mom had a lovely chocolate mousse. We're making it a regular dining place for all future visits.

Mickey 101
05-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Hollywood Brown Derby is one of our favorite restaurants at WDW and we go there once, if not twice, every trip. We always go with the Cobb Salad (at least a couple of them for our family), have tried the Grapefruit Cake (yum!) and we love the Oricchiette with Shrimp they've had on the menu the past couple years. We've never had a bad meal there, actually. Enjoy!

mrsgaribaldi
05-19-2008, 02:19 AM
It's one of our favorite places too. DH said he had his all time best meal there ever:thumbsup:

MauiMouse
05-19-2008, 07:07 AM
I have eaten here twice. Top notch restaurant. I believe both times I had the Cobb Salad. I enjoyed it so much the first time I had to have it again the second time around. :mickey:

pogo
05-19-2008, 07:14 AM
OK......now I'm officially excited about eating there in December with the Fantasmic package. :D

RAIDER
05-19-2008, 07:35 AM
Going to the Brown Derby ......well theres no way you will be disappointed with the food nor the service .. Its a great restaurant :thumbsup:

Disnamic Duo
05-19-2008, 09:46 AM
The BEST WDW meal I've ever had was at HBD. I got the pan fried grouper - DELICIOUS! And as others have mentioned, get the cobb salad as an appetizer. This and CG are my favorite WDW restaurants.

Clay Ransone
05-19-2008, 09:48 AM
The Brown Derby is a good deal on the Fantasmic! package paying out of pocket. I don't think I would use two TS credits on it. We ate there on our last two trips and while the food was very good it was not a place we felt we needed to go to again. I really did enjoy the Crème Brulee and my pork tenderloin was pretty good too. I was much happier at the Concourse Steakhouse, Le Cellier, and the Rose & Crown.