PDA

View Full Version : Wishes Fireworks Cruise or Cali Grill?

PrincessASquared
05-17-2008, 05:47 PM
I'm getting ready to plan my early December Disney holiday trip for a group of seven. :santa: We all want to see Wishes on the last night of our trip. I was hoping to surprize them with either 1) Dinner at the Cali Grill and watch Wishes from there or 2) The Wishes Fireworks Cruise. I have yet to try either one. Which one is better and why? There will be four adults and three children (5,6,10). Any info would be appreciated.

mrsgaribaldi
05-17-2008, 05:52 PM
We did the Wishes cruise once and have eaten at the Cali Grill many times and watched the fireworks. I like it better from the California Grill. I guess because you get a delicious dinner too;)
The cruise was awesome too but it was Nov 11 and a little (well very) chilly on the water. It was great, don't get me wrong.
I'm sure that you and your group would love either one.:mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-17-2008, 06:19 PM
Go CA Grill. There are less variables that can go wrong to lessen the experience. If it is super cold, no problem when you are in the CA Grill. And, no need to worry about rain. If the weather is bad enough they could cancel the fireworks, but at least you would still have a wonderful meal!!:thumbsup:

Pirate Granny
05-17-2008, 08:52 PM
We took the fireworks cruise xmas season of 2004...we were six adults...it was VERY cold, but the driver brought lots of blankets to wrap up in...back then the music was not piped into the boat...it was a great experience...but that said and the prices have been raised significanty since then...I would go to the Cali Grill...we ate there Xmas day 06 and had a window seat...it was wonderful...and the food was good...so, I agree, there are less variables and you get dinner along with the fireworks. Make sure to book 180 days out...they fill up quickly...we just made our November ADR's today...and couldn't get 8:30 -- close, got 9:00pm...and that's fine as the Xmas Party fireworks normally are around 9:30...SMILE...
Have a wonderful trip...Disney at the holidays is always special...
:pirate:

mouseketeer mom
05-17-2008, 09:32 PM
We have done both. I would go for the California Grill/Wishes combo. We did the Wishes cruise in Feb, and we did the Illuminations cruise this past November, and both were FREEZING. We had blankets and such, but they were not alot of help. Altho it was fun watching Wishes from the boat, I enjoyed it more from the California Grill's watch point. We had our kids with us for that too, they were 13, 11 and 8 when we did the Grill night. The dinner was very expensive, but just divine, and very kid friendly too. They went out of their way to make our kids feel special. Watching from the lookout at the Grill was a very special night for us. It really did feel very magical and enchanted. The kids loved it too. It has been my favorite place to see the fireworks so far. And we have seen them from many places..our room at the CR, our patio at the Poly, Ohanas, the park, the cruise...and California Grill has been our favorite. Hope you like it too if you decide!

KineGirl
05-17-2008, 09:40 PM
Normally I would say the cruise but Dec can be chilly so I would opt for Cali Grill. Of course neither beats standing in front of the castle itself IMO!