PDA

View Full Version : Low Budget/Last Minute Pre Trip Report

EvilQueen2006
05-17-2008, 03:11 PM
Low Budget/Last Minute Pre Trip Report

When: May29-Jun2

Who:
Me-Heidi, self-proclaimed Disney-a-holic.

Lauren- My girlfriend, not quite as big a Disney lover as me. I took her on her first trip in Jan, 2007. This will be her 4th trip, so I don’t have to twist her arm too much to get her to come along.

This was kind of a last minute decision trip for us. We were originally planning on going to Provincetown, MA for a long weekend. When I started researching hotel prices there, they were so high I started thinking “we could probably go to Disney, for this price.” So I did the math and figured out exactly what prices I would have to get for planes, hotels and automobiles to break even. I found airfare for $73 one way, plus we had a small credit from our last flight. I went on priceline and managed to get a car rental for $15/day and a hotel for $22/night. We are staying at Fountain Park in Kissimmee. Hopefully, it won’t be too bad. We have AP’s so ticket prices and parking don’t add any extra cost. I asked my fellow intercotees what they would do, and you all came through for me and convinced me to ditch my plans for the Cape and go see Mickey!!

So here is the itinerary;

May 29- flying nonstop from Manchester, NH to Orlando. Arriving at 10am, getting our rental and calling the hotel to see if we can check in that early. If not we will head right to Hollywood Studios and spend the day there. We have ADR for Hollywood and Vine for the Fantasmic package at 5:30.

May 30- Epcot all day. No ADR’s. Counter service in world showcase when we get hungry. Lots of yummy food to choose from. We may choose to skip Illumination and go to MK for Spectro and Wishes instead.

May 31- Magic Kingdom all Day. ADR for Liberty Tree Tavern at 5:30 then Partying with Pirates and Princesses.

June 1- Animal Kingdom during the day. No ADR today. Last trip we were able to walk into Rainforest at lunchtime and sit at the bar. We may do this again. I love their Nachos! Evening will probably be at Epcot.

June 2- We have the whole day to spend at the parks because our flight does not leave MCO until 9pm. We will hit up whatever attractions we missed or want to do again. We will probably end in MK.

Thats it! I hope I won’t regret staying offsite, but that was the price I chose to pay in order to go to Disney again. We aren’t looking at another trip until October of ‘09.

tinkerbell04
05-17-2008, 03:17 PM
Sounds like a great trip planned. Have fun!

KineGirl
05-17-2008, 03:20 PM
I did the same type of trip with my best gf last summer - 4 parks in 3 days. It was so much fun!! Enjoy & have so much fun its crazy! :mickey:

HndrdPrcnt
05-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip and I can't wait to read the trip reports. I am just surprised that you could not stay at one of the value hotels for about the same price as a hotel offsite. Then you would not need a rental car as you could use DME. May be something to look at.

EvilQueen2006
05-17-2008, 03:33 PM
Sounds like a wonderful trip and I can't wait to read the trip reports. I am just surprised that you could not stay at one of the value hotels for about the same price as a hotel offsite. Then you would not need a rental car as you could use DME. May be something to look at.

I looked into that, it would have been over $500 to stay at POP. It was only $200 for the offsite hotel and the car combined!

ChipnDaleGal
05-17-2008, 03:44 PM
I think a trip on the cheap is way better than no trip at all. I hope that you two have a really great time.:mickey:

MauiMouse
05-17-2008, 04:59 PM
I go with my girl friend a lot too, hope that you both have an excellent time. :thumbsup:

BluewaterBrad
05-17-2008, 05:25 PM
Have fun! i remember when you asked that question. Tell us about it when you get back.:mickey:

KylesMom
05-17-2008, 05:50 PM
Heidi, I'm glad that you and Lauren are making it back to Disney instead of MA - be sure to post your reports when you return! Great bargain-hunting, by the way! :mickey:

EvilQueen2006
05-17-2008, 06:31 PM
Heidi, I'm glad that you and Lauren are making it back to Disney instead of MA - be sure to post your reports when you return! Great bargain-hunting, by the way! :mickey:

Thanks, I love finding a good bargain. I love priceline and have found a lot of great deals through them. I went to the website of the hotel and searched the rates for those dates and got a rate of $69/night. So $22 is an awesome savings!

faline
05-17-2008, 06:59 PM
Enjoy your wekend! Seems like a way better choice than a weekend at the Cape!

lovewalt
05-17-2008, 07:37 PM
Since you're saving all that money, you could buy a few carved animals at AK for your favorite sister!:D

iluvdizney2
05-18-2008, 08:52 AM
I do not live all that far from Ptown in Mass, and I must say that summer in Disney is WAY better than trying to fight traffic getting to Ptown! We have tried in the summer to do that and it has taken us 4 hours or more to go from hyannis to there...so consider it a perfect choice for you!
Have a great time, bring little squirt water bottle fans, and enjoy your days!

EvilQueen2006
05-18-2008, 11:00 AM
Since you're saving all that money, you could buy a few carved animals at AK for your favorite sister!:D

I would if she didn't already have them all!!

wdwgrl377
05-18-2008, 06:06 PM
What a great plan you've got there. Can't wait to hear about it when you get back! Thanks for sharing! I know you two will have a blast!! :mickey: