PDA

View Full Version : Christmas question...

jrkcr
05-17-2008, 03:03 PM
:tree: I know it is a bit early to think about Christmas.....but I have a few questions.

When do the names of the narrators for the candlelight processional come out?
And is it worth the money to buy the dinner package to get seats for the show?
If you've seen it a few times, who has been your favorite narrator?

I am assuming it will still be held this year...
We've never seen it, and it is high on my list of "things to do"!!

Strmchsr
05-17-2008, 04:54 PM
Narrators are usually announced starting around the end of October. Sometimes it's mid November before a final lineup is announced.

It's definitely worth it to buy the dinner package unless you enjoy waiting in a 4 hour line with no guarantee of getting in.

I don't know I have a favorite narrator. Gary Sinese did a great job. As did Kirk Franklin, David Robinson, and pretty much everyone else I've seen.

Disneyatic
05-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Do you book the package thru Disney Dining and can you book it at your 180 day mark?

Wondering because if the narrators aren't announced until @ Oct, do you have to wait until then??

Pirate Granny
05-17-2008, 08:38 PM
I booked LeCellier at the 180 mark for an early dinner...then when the Packages came out in late October...I called and asked that they use my current ADR to convert to the candlelight processional package...and they did with no trouble...maybe I was lucky...but I figured that's one way to get the dinner and the night that I wanted...last year I had to take the late lunch at Garden Grill (for the same price as the dinner menu, regardless that we were there for lunch) and then had the second show candlelight processional package. I would NEVER stand in those lines to get a seat. I would sit at the American pavillion outside and listen there before I'd stand in those lines...and to not be guaranteed a seat...especially since the packages are a big hit now.
:pirate:

Aggie97
05-18-2008, 05:02 PM
We saw Gary Sinese in 2006 and David Robinson in 2007. They were both fantastic.

We did the CP Dinner Package both times, and it definitely was worth it for us. We enjoyed excellent dinners at Le Cellier. We made our dinner reservations for a very early time so that we would not feel rushed. :mickey:

jrkcr
05-19-2008, 11:13 AM
I love Gary Sinese and so does DD16! But I guess I can't book an entire trip around who the narrator is...so we'll have to leave it to tiki gods.
:tikki:
We will definitely be getting the dinner package! Thanks for the info!!