PDA

View Full Version : Why I have been away from the boards...

bleukarma
05-17-2008, 01:43 PM
At the begining of April my company started their major round of layoffs and I was one of the first people to go. When I got my promotion it made me the newest examiner (I worked for a title company in the horrible housing market) so I knew when rumors of lay-offs started I would be one of the firsts. My best friend still works there and she said that its getting really bad. Every week more people are layed off and pto time isn't getting approved.

I figured the best thing to do is move back in with my parents for the summer. I transfered my part time job (which became full time after the lay off) at JC Penney's to a store in Cincinnati (where my parents live) and I am also going to be working at Kings Island amusement park (one of the OTHER parks) for the summer. I am actually looking forward to not being behind a desk for once. Between title companies, law firms and not-for-profit agencies I have been behind a desk for 10 years. It will be nice to be away from that.

My house in FL is back on the market and with us not being there (my great aunt is taking the summer to spend time with childhood friends up here) I am crossing my fingers that it has a decent chance of selling.

But, after I lost my job I also lost my fast speed internet connection so I haven't had much time to be online. I have missed you all and I look forward to the day when I can be a regular in Intercot again!

ChipnDaleGal
05-17-2008, 03:25 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your job, Amber. I hope you enjoy your summer outside at King's Island. Sometimes out of the worst circumstances something wonderful and unexpected can happen. I hope that will be the case for you. Best of luck. :thumbsup:

crazypoohbear
05-17-2008, 07:49 PM
Sorry to hear about your job
Welcome back to the boards
Good luck with the house sale. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
If it is near disney maybe you could rent it out after your aunt is done with her stay.

ElenitaB
05-17-2008, 09:50 PM
Amber, I'm sorry to hear your news. Who knows though... maybe you'll find a career path in a direction you never even imagined!

Best of luck to you and our regards to your aunt! I hope you manage to make it over here to post more frequently now (even if it involves a latte and WiFi).

murphy1
05-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Hi Amber, I was thinking about you the other day!! Florida just stinks for layoffs, your story is so similar to mine at your age, hang in there, I've told you many times before you just never know what's around that corner :)

Ian
05-18-2008, 06:35 PM
Sorry to hear about your troubles, Amber. I work for a mortgage company, so I feel your pain. We've (believe it or not) reduced our staff by close to 50% since the beginning of 2007. It's really bad.

Hope things turn out for you. I think we're all just going to have to ride this market out and hope for the best.

bleukarma
05-19-2008, 06:57 PM
Hi Amber, I was thinking about you the other day!! Florida just stinks for layoffs, your story is so similar to mine at your age, hang in there, I've told you many times before you just never know what's around that corner :)

Thanks Sheri! There is hope that things will work out in Tampa! haha! I will keep your story in mind.

We were going to rent out house out to a friend of mine but he actually found out that he is getting laid off (which is bad considering he works for 911!) so we decided the best thing for him to do is renew his lease with his apartment so he doesnt have to re-pay deposits when we come back to FL in September. But we left the house looking like a model home when we left it (everything was packed up besides the furniture) so hopefully it will help with the selling process. If it does sell then I am going to look into moving closer to WDW and maybe going from one amusement park to another (better) one! :thumbsup:

Jeff
05-19-2008, 07:48 PM
Sorry about your layoff.
:(

wdwgrl377
05-19-2008, 08:45 PM
I'm sorry to hear about the job loss. I've been there before in that boat and it's tough. I sure do hope things work out for you with the move. Enjoy your new job at the "other" park! Sure hope you can get something closer to WDW like you want!

Hopefully, since this door shut a new one will open up even better than before. Keep us posted!