PDA

View Full Version : Resort Playgrounds

ljv1975
05-17-2008, 11:00 AM
I was jut curious about the playgrounds available at the different resorts. We stayed at CSR in March and DD loved the big sandbox by the main pool.

I think for our next trip we have it narrowed between Pop and POFQ, but after seeing pics of the pool, I'm leaning toward POFQ. What is their playground area like? Is it close to pool like at CSR and does it have a sandbox? Are there any other resorts that have really nice play areas for kids? These are important things to a 3 year old!! :mickey: Thanks!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-17-2008, 11:36 AM
POFQ has a small playground very close to the pool but it does not have a sandbox. It is your basic small oudoor playground like you might see at a school or something but nothing special. This is where CSR has a few more offerings because it is like a deluxe resort because of the convention center. The pool at POFQ is great and my kids love it. I have never stayed at any POP so I can't address that part of your question.

dismommy
05-17-2008, 08:17 PM
The playground at POFQ is small, exactly as stated above, but when we were there in 2006 never crowded. There were only ever a couple of kids there (the resort is small for Disney) and the pool is great. My son picked this resort for us based on the pool and we will be returning this November.

Pirate Granny
05-17-2008, 09:01 PM
We checked out the playground at Pop last year...WONDERFUL...but it is NOT by the pool...we had to go looking for it...it has the woodchips and lots of stuff to do...the Pop children's pool is by far, better than that of the French Quarter...it has zero entry and the entire deck and pool has that soft rubber surface...I believe that the FQ pool is cement and no zero entry...the main pool (no quiet pool at FQ) is much better than at Pop...that said...we are taking the family to FQ as they wanted to stay there...if I made the decision based on ages of grandchildren both around 2yrs...I personally would've selected Pop...
:pirate:

lilolvr
05-18-2008, 08:26 AM
CSR has one of the best playgrounds.