PDA

View Full Version : Question about prices 2009

Venus0880
05-17-2008, 09:57 AM
I am planning on going to DW with my fiance and his son (9) for spring break 2009. We are already saving for the trip. But I am not sure exactly how much I really need to be striving for. I know that 6 days/7 nights with dining during regular season 08 at the CBR is about 3000 and for ASMovies its near 2300. Does anyone think these numbers will change significantly by March 09? Also, is it likely the dining option will still be available as I feel it would eliminate a lot of stress/effort concerning our dining options. And, anyone with any budget conscious tips, please feel free to throw them in here. I'm so excited! I hate having to be worry about the practical stuff. Thanks a lot!

faline
05-17-2008, 11:46 AM
First, I'd suggest you start by booking your trip with Magical Journeys (http://www.yourmagicaljourneys.com/). They'll make sure you get a package that meets your needs at the very best price possible. Additionally, if any specials are offered after you book, they'll take care of making the adjustments to your reservation. Hassle free and you won't have to worry about the practicalities - just plan the fun stuff!

I'm sure there will be some version of the dining plan is 2009 though Disney may tweak the plan a bit as they've done from time to time.

You may want to consider having breakfast in your room and then use your dining choices on the dining plan for lunch and dinner. For in-room snacks, you may want to use a grocery delivery service. One of these can drop of water (water is expensive in the parks), breakfast items, and snacks to help you save money during your stay.

Have fun planning!

bicker
05-17-2008, 01:02 PM
Does anyone think these numbers will change significantly by March 09?Between the increase in costs due to increased fuel prices, and the possible reduction in demand for travel in general due to the economy, tempered by the fact that many folks will switch their vacation plans from expensive international travel to less expensive domestic travel destinations like WDW... ( expect a moderate but not excessive increase in prices for 2009.

Also, is it likely the dining option will still be availableLikely, yes; definitely, no. It'll also perhaps change a little. My guess is that the price will go up a little bit, and the terms and conditions might change a little bit.

And, anyone with any budget conscious tips, please feel free to throw them in here. People always get blown away by my first two budget-conscious tips (so you won't see them discussed as much as others):
1) Delay the trip to save up more money for it, if necessary; and
2) Reduce the number of days of the trip to make it more affordable.

Nurse Kim
05-21-2008, 07:52 PM
We are planning a trip for March 2009 and were told the rates wouldn't be out until this summer July/August. We are a family of 5 and are saving 850 a month through January and then will also use our tax return. We are budgeting around $8000. I am hoping Magical Journeys is able to get us a better deal but we will see.

JMTStone
05-22-2008, 11:36 AM
When you decide to book, I suggest using Magical Journeys as well (see left link). They will intitially get you the least expensive option and work with you. THEN they constantly check your booking to look for discounts, etc.

Good luck with saving. I use the "can't see it in my paycheck" savings plan. I have money taken out of my check every pay and have it put in an account that I can't touch. It ends up being enough for my Dining Plan and expenses if I go once a year. I use annual bonuses to purchase plane tickets. I work with my Mom and we sell crafts as well and that helps with our DVC fees.