PDA

View Full Version : When Does AirTran Release Flights?

merlinmagic4
05-16-2008, 08:19 PM
I don't have any experience with AirTran but I just noticed they have flights during our February school vacation for just under 200.00 which is an incredible price for that week. Unfortunately, we're not going in February but I am hoping they offer similar prices for our April vacation. Delta, who has always had the best prices for our travel weeks, releases our date in April in just about a week. How long would I have to wait for AirTran? For the same week in February Delta started at about 250.00 and they are now over 700!! I'm afraid if I wait too long we'll lose Delta's decent fare but under 200.00 on AirTran would be a minor miracle!

Tinkerfreak
05-17-2008, 09:16 AM
Wow that is a great price. For us to fly out of Portland, ME to Orlando that week is going for $450. per ticket. We would love to go see the MIL that week but that is just too much money for a ticket.

merlinmagic4
05-17-2008, 09:44 AM
Wow that is a great price. For us to fly out of Portland, ME to Orlando that week is going for $450. per ticket. We would love to go see the MIL that week but that is just too much money for a ticket.

Is it worth it for you to fly out of Boston? I almost fell over when I saw that price! I am hoping April is similar! Did you want to see MIL during the Feb. or April break?

sillyolbear
05-17-2008, 01:07 PM
It looks like they are selling tickets for the first few days of March 2009 now. So they must release inventory around the same time as the mainline carriers which is 11 months out.