PDA

View Full Version : Yak & Yeti Opinions

Vinny
05-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Hi everyone. Just finished booking a WDW trip for my father and myself for a week in late Sept/early Oct. I have already booked us an ADR at Ohana (one of our favorites) during our trip but I would like to try the Yak and Yeti restaurant as well. We will not be on the DDP for our trip.

We tried the 'quick service' side of the restaurant during our last trip and were not really impressed but I have heard better things about the sit down restaurant. I am just curious to get others reviews as to the atmosphere and food offered there and meals that others have had there. Any info you can share is appreciated. Thanks!!

mouseketeer mom
05-16-2008, 05:24 PM
We ate there the very first week it opened. The food was good, nothing extraordinary. The atmosphere was neat, we were seated downstairs, but walked the whole restaurant, both up and down looking at everything. Some cool art and things..another perk was we didn't realize it, but timed it just right. We were seated downstairs by the window and watched the jammin jungle parade while we ate!

Jared
05-16-2008, 06:04 PM
Yak & Yeti Restaurant is still relatively new, so reviews are somewhat scarce. Here (http://intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=133196&highlight=yeti) is a thread from last week with a few people's early impressions.

I'm trying it on May 25 for dinner, and I will be back with my thoughts.

:tasty:

dizneeat
05-17-2008, 01:31 AM
We were there in early December and enjoyed both the food and service very much. The restaurant itself is wonderful too.
There are photos of the restaurant and food and a short review of the restaurant on my homepage (click screenname and choose from dropdown menu - trip is Dec 07) too.

We already have a reservation for August when we go back to WDW.

Jared
05-17-2008, 09:21 AM
Great pictures! Both those entrees look amazing, as do those fried wontons for dessert.

:tasty:

wdwfan
05-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Ate lunch there in Feb. and thought it was great! Going back in Nov.