PDA

View Full Version : My DLR Engagement Story

Mandalorian30
05-16-2008, 04:16 PM
Hey everyone! I just got back from my first visit to DLR last week. I had a pretty magical time, and I though tI would share the sotry. :mickey:

My girlfriend of 2 years, Christina, and I had booked a vacation to California quite a while back. We knew we wanted to do something extra fun this year and go do something we have never done before. Both of us, especially Christina, are pretty big fans of Disney and the Disney parks, so visiting Disneyland for the first time was a no brainer. We also decided to visit Universal Studios Hollywood and the San Diego Zoo while in California. We booked the trip, forked over the money, and were all set for a very busy and exciting vacation.

Now, let’s rewind about a year. In early 2007 Christina and I took vacation to Disney World in Florida. I had been there before, but she hadn’t. I knew I had to take her there knowing how much she loved Disney. The trip was fantastic, and I loved seeing how happy she was the entire time we were there. She was always smiling, always in awe of the sights and sounds of Disney World. It was at that moment that I knew for sure that I wanted to marry her some day, and that I knew just how I would propose when the time came.

Fast forward back to the current time, about two months before the trip was to happen I knew it was time. I went and had dinner with my parents and sister, and told them my intentions. I was very happy to hear my mom exclaim “It’s about time!” as she gave me a big hug, while my little sister had tears of joy in her eyes because she was so happy. That same week, I went a bought the ring. The perfect ring. I knew it was right from the moment I saw it, because I kept going back to it even after looking at several others. I took it home and stared at it for quite a while. This was it. This was really going to happen now. But I had one more thing I wanted to do first.

I met up with Christina’s parents and sister a few weeks before the trip. I wanted to explain my intentions to them and get their blessing. Her family is so great and I love them a lot, so I wanted to do right by them. I was so nervous that day. I was shaking so bad as I was talking to them. But all was soon well, as they were all just as happy as my family, and immediately welcomed me to the family. So, things were all set. Now, I just had to wait for the right moment…when we got to Disneyland.
The time finally came for our vacation, and we made it to California. On Sunday, May 4th we strolled into Disneyland for the first time. We spent the morning taking in the sites and hopping on some rides. The whole time I was carrying around her engagement ring in my wallet, constantly reaching back to make sure it was still there. I was so nervous all morning.

I already knew exactly how I wanted it to happen. I wanted it to be right in front of the castle. Shortly before it was time for lunch, Christina said “We should go grand a Disney Photographer and get our picture taken in front of the castle!” I agreed, knowing that this was it. It was time.

The photographer took us to a side of the castle where there was less traffic and a very pretty view behind us. We snapped the first picture. I then turned to Christina and asked her if she was happy. She said “yes.”
“Good,” I said, “Because I want to make you this happy for the rest of your life.”

She stared at me kind of blankly and said “What?”

I got down on my knee and pulled out the ring. Immediately her hands went over her mouth as she said “Oh my GOD!”

She began crying out of joy, and it took her a minute to respond. But soon, she exclaimed “Yes yes yes!” The whole time, the Disney photographer was snapping pictures. I stood up, put the ring on her finger, and gave my new fiancé a kiss as she cried and shook out of excitement. It was so amazing feeling. The best moment of my life, hands down.

It felt good knowing how happy she was about the whole thing. She spent the rest of the week staring at the ring on her finger with the biggest smile on her face.
We don’t have anything set in stone yet, but it’s looking like we’ll be having the wedding sometime next spring. And I couldn’t be more excited! I’m so happy knowing that I am going to spend the rest of my life with the woman I love more than anything. My perfect match.

I feel like the luckiest guy in the world. That may sound a bit cliché, but it’s the truth.

If any of you would like to see the pictures the Disney Photog snapped of the proposal, you can find them at our Disney Photo Pass page (http://www.disneyphotopass.com/share.aspx?share=ab42971a-fa9a-4d2c-83ca-55c4578f1d0a&site=DisneyLandResort)! And yes, we ordered the CD! ;)

HndrdPrcnt
05-16-2008, 06:11 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!
How great it is that you were able to have a PhotoPass photographer capture the whole thing!! Those will be pictures to cherish for the rest of your lives and pictures to show the kids!!

Congrats again!! How great it is to find someone who loves Disney! I also found a wife that loves Disney as much as I do (well close enough anyhow). :D

disneydeb
05-16-2008, 06:42 PM
WOOHOO!

Congratulations on a romantic proposal!

I know my DD's boyfriend is planning to propose to her in December in front of the castle at WDW, so I found this very interesting!
:mickey:

Pirate Granny
05-16-2008, 08:42 PM
How very special and the pictures were wonderful...CONGRATS
:pirate:

NotaGeek
05-16-2008, 10:26 PM
:congrats:

You totally had me all teary eyed! I am SUCH a sucker for a romantic story! :mickey:

I certainly hope you bought all those Photo Pass pictures ... talk about awesome Disney memories caught on film!

Melanie
05-17-2008, 12:48 AM
I certainly hope you bought all those Photo Pass pictures ... talk about awesome Disney memories caught on film!

He did say they ordered the CD. :thumbsup:

What a great story! Congratulations and best of luck planning your special day. Any idea on honeymoon spots? :mickey:

NotaGeek
05-17-2008, 12:55 AM
He did say they ordered the CD. :thumbsup:

What a great story! Congratulations and best of luck planning your special day. Any idea on honeymoon spots? :mickey:

Oops. Clearly I couldn't read through the tears.

tinkwest
05-17-2008, 01:09 AM
You told your story beautifully and the pictures captured every moment you described. Congratulations and thanks for sharing with all of us. You just made my day! :groom::bride:

ChipnDaleGal
05-17-2008, 08:53 AM
Okay, that is officially the best Disney engagement story I have ever read. It was all so sweet, and getting it all on film with that Disney Photographer was just too perfect!! Thank you so much for sharing your story and especially your photos. To see it all unfold there in picture after picture was just so romantic. You are a beautiful couple and I wish you a long and happy life together telling and retelling your engagement story to all your children and grandchildren. I need to go get a kleenex now. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
05-17-2008, 01:26 PM
Oh, congratulations! That was so incredibly wonderful and I love that your families are able to share through the photographs!

I stood up, put the ring on her finger, and gave my new fiancé a kiss as she cried and shook out of excitement. It was so amazing feeling. The best moment of my life, hands down.
May this be the first in a long series of "best moments." :magic:

TILLYLILY
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I just wanted to say congratulations to you both! Thanks for sharing the pictures and the wonderful story.

Aisling
05-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Okay, really, how cute are you two??!!??!! What a great story! Love, love, love the pictures and the fact that you kept checking your pocket to make sure you still had the ring, so sweet! Dang it, now I've got to go dry my eyes. Really, thanks for sharing such a wonderful, romantic memory with us! I hope you are able to have a Disney Wedding at either WDW or DLR.
Congratulations!!!!:party:

BrerGnat
05-17-2008, 10:40 PM
You got me too. :sob: I'm such a sap...

That was such a beautiful story. You sound like such a sweet guy and I know you two will be very happy forever. You timed that proposal PERFECTLY...did you plan to do it in front of a photopass photographer? I'm sure your families appreciated that. :thumbsup:

Congratulations on your engagement and I hope your wedding is just as special.

By the way, I dig your Mario t-shirt.

quest4dl
05-18-2008, 03:56 PM
Another one here in " happy" tears after reading your story and seeing your pictures. The photographer really did an amazing job capturing the moment!

Mandalorian30
05-20-2008, 11:18 AM
Thanks everyone! :mickey:

Yeah, I'm still so happy with how everything worked out. It was so perfect. I knew I wanted to get a photographer to capture the whole thing, so I was very happy to see one standing by the castle just waiting for someone who wanted a picture. When she got done snapping our photos, she said "I am SO HAPPY I got you guys!"

I'm really glad you all enjoyed the story and the photos. We just got our PhotoPass CD in the mail this week, so we'll be making a lot of copies of those pictures now! :cloud9:

christna03
05-20-2008, 11:29 AM
It was the happiest time of my life. I couldn't have asked for anything more perfect! :mickey: I still get a little teary eyed when I think of the moment.

2Epcot
05-24-2008, 11:39 PM
Thanks for sharing your engagement story and the pictures. I had some close friends get engaged at the Blue Bayou in Disneyland. Congratulations to you both. :mickey:

laughingplace<3
05-25-2008, 01:01 AM
Wow, that is really sweet. Congratulations and thanks for sharing the photos :D

"SULLEY "RULES!!
05-28-2008, 08:19 PM
:congrats: Now you'll have to go to DisneyWorld for your honeymoon. My husband and I went on ours in 1997 and have been going to Disney ever since. Have fun planning your wedding.:pixie:

maizey05
06-07-2008, 01:25 AM
Awesome story! Seems like you gotta' include Disney in your wedding somehow. DH and I had a Mickey/Minnie cake topper. Here's to many happy years and Disney memories together!:mickey:

Mandalorian30
06-12-2008, 05:00 PM
We actually bought a Mickey/Minnie cake topper already. and I'm sure we'll find another way to incorporate Disney in other places, I'm sure. :mickey:

pdrlkr
06-24-2008, 09:19 PM
:congrats: