PDA

View Full Version : Need ALL info available for Disney College Program, please

disneydoug
05-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi, I am a parent that would like info on the Disney College Program. It will be a year before my daughter would be trying for this.

What are the qualifications?
How many do they accept?
Does prior Disney knowledge count for anything?
What is paid for?
What is the pay?
How far from the 'job' is the student housing?

Things like this would help us. Thank you for any and all answers.

DisneyDoug

joanna71985
05-16-2008, 05:19 PM
Hi, I am a parent that would like info on the Disney College Program. It will be a year before my daughter would be trying for this.

What are the qualifications?
How many do they accept?
Does prior Disney knowledge count for anything?
What is paid for?
What is the pay?
How far from the 'job' is the student housing?

Things like this would help us. Thank you for any and all answers.

DisneyDoug

1) The only qualifications are that you have to be at least 18, be a current student, be in good standing with your school, have done at least one semester, and have a good personal record.

2) There is not a known amount. But it is around 6,000 or so.

3) It is not needed. But I am sure it can help.

4) I'm not sure what the question is exactly. But if I am getting it right, you get housing, transportation, internet, ect while on the CP.

5) There is a range, depending on the role you get. Currently the pay starts at $6.79, and goes up to around $8.

6. Well, taking the buses takes longer then using a car. But overall, housing is about 12-15 minutes away from the parks.

Hope this helps!

disneydoug
05-18-2008, 12:06 PM
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joanna71985
05-18-2008, 01:25 PM
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're welcome.:)

DisneyCrazyET
05-18-2008, 04:45 PM
Writing as a parent:
What are the qualifications? Check out the college progam website. It has a section for parents.
How many do they accept? about 6000
Does prior Disney knowledge count for anything? I don't think so.
What is paid for? Nothing, Housing comes out of your pay. I believe, If you take classes, they are pd for but not the books
What is the pay? He started in Aug. 07 at $6.67 and finished up last week with just a little above that. He worked 30 to 40 hours a week.
How far from the 'job' is the student housing? About 15 minutes. He didn't have a car and rode the bus. The bus takes longer to get to work as it may make a few stops.
You can also apply before you finish school, but will be finished by when you do down. He graduated from Art school in Aug. and started with the CP the end of Aug. He applied when he was still in school. He worked at the Wolrd of Disney(DTD) and Magic of Animation(DHS).
Any other question for a parent from a parent. I'll do my best to answer.