PDA

View Full Version : Polyenesian Review

bird
05-16-2008, 01:30 PM
My husband and I just returned from Disney with our two sons ages 5 and 3.5 and we had an amazing time!!!! This was our first trip with our boys and we stayed at the Ployenesian Resort the only thing I can say is WOW ! We are hooked for life! The grounds were beautiful to say the least! My husband and myself are very picky about where we stay and we were very pleased! Our housekeeping was great and she also did a character from towels everyday! We stayed in the Torkleau on the third floor with a balcony. Our garden view room had a view of the castle and we were able to see the fireworks from our room as well. The only thing I can say is the Poly rocks! the transportation can not be beat especially if you have small kids. I highly recommend this resort to anyone especially if you have kids. The pool was also a big hit! We booked our next vacation before we departed and although the Poly wasn't available we went with the Grand Floridian since it will be just my husband and myself next time. I hope we like this resort because I tempted to call back and take whatever dates they have open for the Poly!!!!!

Thanks,
Yolanda
VA

Tegrigg
05-16-2008, 01:33 PM
:lei:I'm so glad to hear that the Poly was great. Me and my family are leaving in 7 days for the Poly. It will be our 4th time there. We love it so much, that we are scared to try somewhere new.:mickey:

DisneyMama18
05-16-2008, 01:37 PM
What was your room number? We are booked at the Poly in October and I have requested that same building because I have heard that there are rooms that are classified as Garden View, but that you can see the castle too. I would love to request this room. I have 3 small children and they would love to watch the fireworks from our room.:mickey:

bird
05-16-2008, 01:55 PM
Our room number was 3915.

thejens
05-16-2008, 02:38 PM
It is great to hear. We are going to the Poly next week. It will be our first time. I am not as enchanted with the lobby as some folks, so am a little unsure about it. I do know it has a great pool area and great view and great transportation, so decided to see if it lives up to all the rave reviews. I am sure that even if it does not become our very favorite, it will still be a great time.

chicklittlemom
05-16-2008, 04:02 PM
Hi, Yolanda:

So happy to hear about your great stay!:thumbsup: It's always nice to hear when someone else has joined the "we're hooked" club!:rotfl:

I'm glad you enjoyed the Poly. I'm hoping to get there someday! I will have to file that room # away for future reference :cloud9:

Congrats on booking your next trip....the GF! WoW! That would be amazing as well (and without kids!).

Glad you had a great trip!

Mrs.Mickey
05-17-2008, 01:58 PM
I'm glad you had so much fun. The poly is may favorite place in the world! It just is so beautiful and convienant, two things that do not often go together. And Of course I love the Kona Cafe! :lei:

sisterslovindisney
05-17-2008, 02:46 PM
This morning my 10 year old told me that if we aren't going to the Poly for our next trip he would rather stay home with a sitter! I guess you could say he's a little hooked too! He loved the volcano pool and just doesn't think anyplace else would be as good. I pretty much feel the same way but I also would like to try GF - it looks so nice. I'm glad you had such a great trip!

mouseketeer mom
05-17-2008, 05:12 PM
Oh I know, I know! Its hard for us to stay anywhere else but the Poly. It feels like a home away from home. There is nothing about it that we don't love, except wishing they had villas there...except then I may never leave!

Belle1217
05-17-2008, 08:54 PM
Wow I will be staying in the Poly for the 1st time Nov-Dec this year. I have thought about changing our resort several times because of the price (we are doing theme park view) but my hubby keeps on telling me to leave it. After reading all of these things sounds like we will love it.

mickeefan
05-17-2008, 10:30 PM
The Poly is also our very favorite resort. In fact the last 6 trips out of 7 have been there.
You can't help but fall in love with it.
We love and did watch wishes and the water pageant from the beach several times. You just don't get tired of it. DD and I always go over to the marina and rent a boston whaler and go touring the seven seas lagoon.You can go way over past the contremporary. It's a fun thing to do.
We tried to get it on a bounceback offer for December but there was nothing available so we settled for the Grand Floridian. We have always wanted to stay there too.