PDA

View Full Version : Can't leave home without. . .

KAT1811
05-16-2008, 12:40 PM
Now that we are all set with our resort and dining reservations I am moving on to our packing lists. :shop: A little travel obsessive I know. Now that I think of it I am only like this with our Disney trips. We travel often and much of the time I am running around last minute :bolt: throwing things in our suitcases but when it comes to WDW I am ultra organized. Not sure why, maybe a side effect of the Mouse disease :ill: ! LOL!

Anyhow, what are some of the things that have made your trips to WDW easier that now you would not think of leaving home without?

I love my mesh laundry basket :laundry:, I fold it up into this neat little circle and stuff it into the bottom of our suitcase. I think this year I am going to get a couple more and separate our laundry. With five of us traveling the laundry adds up and we were overflowing on our last trip (mid week) so if I need extra baksets I figure I may as well separate the laundry and make life easier. We tend to have quite a bit of hand wash :laundry2: .

So. . . what do you bring to WDW to make life easier?

Disney Doll
05-16-2008, 01:49 PM
We always bring one of those over the door shoe caddies- the cloth kind that has all the pockets. It's perfect for stowing all our toiletries and keeping all our stuff organized in the room.

faline
05-16-2008, 02:05 PM
Large chip clips (they work well to hold curtains together).

Power strip (to plug in all those things that need recharging - camera batteries, cell phones etc)

Zip lock bags and large plastic bags.

LandFan
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
We bring garbage bags to put our dirty clothes in. THat way they don't stink up any clean stuff left in our suitcases on the way home:D

We also bring ziplocs (gallons size) for wet things like toothbrushes, bathing suits and shower loofah scrubbie things.

Two different pairs of sneakers (feet like change - especially walking that much!)

Our yellow disney rain ponchos. We bought them after it rained on us back in '02 and it has never rained on us since (we've always been eating or on a ride) :D - they are our lucky talisman against rain. So, really, they've never been used. One is still folded up into it's original shape!

A sun visor (preferrably Disney) as it is soooo bright in WDW. I don't like to put on and off sunglasses all of the time because they are just one more thing to hold and crush. The visor is velcro so when I take it off, I just velcro it around the strap of my bag until I need it again.

Tink#64
05-17-2008, 10:53 PM
We always bring one of those over the door shoe caddies- the cloth kind that has all the pockets. It's perfect for stowing all our toiletries and keeping all our stuff organized in the room.

:yes: I got this idea here on Intercot & we did this for our trip to WDW during Spring Break & it was fantastic! The best idea yet! It was much easier to have all those daily toiletries easily visible & right at hand instead of digging through the bags every day! :thumbsup:

Besides all of the obvious that we all pack, I like to print out the transportation info here on Intercot. Having this info with us helped us explore the World even more than ever by using the boats for transportation & fun! :number1:

RockinRollerMom
05-17-2008, 11:02 PM
A storage bag full of medicine. You never know what you might need and I don't want to have to end up paying 5 bucks for a couple of advil. I put whatever I can think of in there. Tums, pepto, advil, bacitracin, band-aids, hot pack etc. I often only need one of these things but it gives me a little piece of mind knowing I have whatever I need.

Ditto on the extra pair of sneakers and rain ponch.

wdwcarrie
05-17-2008, 11:20 PM
One cool thing I got for our upcoming trip is a package of ID holders (like you would use for name badges). I usually end up putting my park pass/room key in my pocket and sticking Fastpasses in next to it. The ID holder keeps that protected (my husband demagnetized his by putting it up against his cell phone) and keeps those easy-to-lose, easy-to-rip Fastpasses safe and in reach!

teambricker04
05-18-2008, 12:23 AM
We just got back from a nice long trip to WDW (2 WEEKS!!!) and the best thing I brought, which I read about doing on Intercot, was the over the door shoe caddy. I got a cheap clear plasic one so we could all see what was in it. It worked GREAT! We even kept some shoes in the bottom and toiletries and such up top. It didn't fit quite right over the door so I put it on the shower rod and that was brilliant... especially since we could shut the door and the little ones couldn't get into it. My husband thought I was the smartest person in the world with that idea, but I did eventually tell him that I read it on here :)

I need to get some of those folding laundry baskets! I really had a hard time shlepping our laundry down. I piled it into our carseat bag (minus the carseat) and stuck it on top of our little one's stroller (no, he wasn't in it!). That will be on my packing list for our next trip!

KineGirl
05-18-2008, 12:56 AM
I remembered there was a big thread on this about a month ago so I dug it up for you.. it has alot of good stuff in it

things you cant live without in the World (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=131263)

me personally I need my slippers, pony tails, my Maui Jim sunglasses, one of those travel candles :cloud9:

Jeri Lynn
05-18-2008, 09:59 AM
We also have brought the over the door shoe holder to put our toiletries in.:thumbsup:

One thing we do on our girls trip is instead of everyone bringing their own little toothpaste, shampoo etc. We each get assigned something to bring, so one of us brings a regular size toothpaste, another brings a normal sized bottle of shampoo and so on...the only thing we bring of our own is our deoderant. Everything else we share!! whatever is leftover we just leave and don't bother packing it for the trip home.

I also make sure to bring our own laundry detergent and dryer sheets, you can get single load sizes in the travel/sample section in Target.

The other things I definately NEVER forget on a trip is:

Sunglasses
Teva Sandals
Disposable Rain Poncho's
My Hip pack :blush:
And my Disney Wallet, it's a wallet I use exclusively for my disney trips, I only carry in it what I need like my license, credit card, health insurance card...and MONEY!

Jeri Lynn
05-18-2008, 10:00 AM
OOPS! We bring our own toothbrushes and razors too!!

azdisneymom
05-18-2008, 10:03 PM
Could never leave home without:
Sunscreen
Powerstrip
Extra batteries for camera

brertosh
05-19-2008, 05:34 AM
Gotta have my manbag(yes i said my MANbag). It is my lifesaver. Holds the camera,batteries, park tickets, fastpasses, sunscreen, chapstick, gum, money, sunglasses, hair accesories for the girls, id's, cell phones, all the important stuff! :thumbsup:

We also bring garbage bags for laundry.

Gotta have my slippers. Good call.

And since this is our first trip to the world we will have to have our WDW travel guides.

KAT1811
05-19-2008, 09:31 AM
These ideas are all fabulous! I love the shoe caddy and power strip idea. I never thought of that!

I'll also have to remember our rain ponchos this year. I saved them from our last trip and have them carefully stored in our front foyer closet.

I love getting new tips to make our trips easier and more organized. With 5 of us every little bit helps.

:thanks:

TennesseeTink
05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
These are all great ideas. I especially love the over-the-door shoe organizer. Must try!:thumbsup:

Don't forget moleskin and small scissors. No matter how well broken in our shoes are, it never fails, at least one of us always gets a blister.

TennesseeTink
05-19-2008, 03:19 PM
Also aloe for all the spots that you didn't quite cover with the sunblock.

Momto3littlemice
05-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Here is a good one to add: we like to take those one time use dishsoap cloths. (I think they are palmolive?) so we can wash out refillable mugs, sippy cups, cereal bowls etc. Also, baby wipes are great for so many things -- even if you don't have a little one in diapers!

brertosh
05-19-2008, 09:16 PM
Oh and we gotta have our hand sanitizer foam from bath and body works! Its a must!! :mickey3::ccat:

Mousemates
05-19-2008, 11:46 PM
A small travel fan to give us some white noise for sleeping in case of rowdy neighbors...our own pillows...my favorite comfort food/bev (fresh ground coffee).

joonyer
05-20-2008, 01:03 PM
I always bring my own coffee (and coffee maker if staying at a value) and my memory foam pillow.

Dopey's Girl
05-20-2008, 02:01 PM
I always bring my own pillowcase (I'm particular) and a small blanket. I hate hotel blankets, so it's nice having one from home. I also bring trial sized lysol wipes to wipe down stuff that we all touch (remotes, phones, lights) just because. I know they clean the rooms, but I just can't be comfy in my room until it's all cleaned up!

I also love to bring a diary (or my laptop) so I can jot down what I did, what we ate, just the details of the day so I can look back on the trip later!