PDA

View Full Version : Ladybug release??

wdwgrl377
05-16-2008, 12:06 PM
*If this is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move*

A while back I saw on TV, it may have been a Samantha Brown show, that one of the WDW hotel's did a lady bug release?

Anyone know if that still takes place, and if so where? Is it seasonal? Can anyone be a part of this? I just love lady bugs and thought it would be neat to see.

threeh
05-16-2008, 02:29 PM
I want to say I think they stopped doing that at the resorts, But I could be wrong. I think I posted about this a while ago (after watching one of the great hotel episodes) and they weren't doing lady bug release anymore. I bet someone will be along that knows for sure.
They do have a ladybug release at Innovetions in EPCOT. My son did that on our last trip in February. It was random tho, the guy in the plant part of Innoventions asked my son to help him and gave him a box of lady bugs and he and my hubby released them in the flower bed in future world.
Happy planning!!!:mickey:

mizzoumouse
05-16-2008, 05:35 PM
Our kids have done it twice at Epcot, once at Innoventions and then once over by the Train in the World Showcase! Never seen it at a resort, but you never know! :mickey:

MauiMouse
05-16-2008, 06:18 PM
You can actually do it on the Behind the Seeds tour at The Land. I got to release (http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2531313590053803550TJDQQX?vhost=good-times) a little vial of the little guys on some lettuce, or at least I think it was lettuce. :blush:

wdwgrl377
05-16-2008, 06:48 PM
Well, I went online and just typed in "ladybug release at WDW" and a lot of things came up, but I am not sure how old the information is.

Thanks to those who were helpful. Mary, that is so cool you got to do that! I just LOVE ladybugs and collect things with ladybugs on them. I will look more into doing something like this while I'm in WDW, in October.

TammiMcMan
05-17-2008, 12:00 PM
If you were watching the Great Hotels episode, when Samantha Brown visited the GF, you probably saw it on that. I think that epsiode was taped in 2001 and unfortunately, it hasn't been done at the GF for years. Of course everything is subject to change, so who knows if it will come back again. As others have mentioned, you can find some places in Epcot, especially during the Flower Festival.

Catzle
05-17-2008, 03:56 PM
We just did the lady bug release at Epcot last week while we were there. It was near Italy. A guy was handing them out, a little box, and the kids could get them and open the boxes and let them go into the flowers. The kids loved, I took a lot of pictures, they really had a good time doing it.

wdwgrl377
05-18-2008, 06:28 PM
If you were watching the Great Hotels episode, when Samantha Brown visited the GF, you probably saw it on that. I think that epsiode was taped in 2001 and unfortunately, it hasn't been done at the GF for years. Of course everything is subject to change, so who knows if it will come back again. As others have mentioned, you can find some places in Epcot, especially during the Flower Festival.

Yes, I was watching Great Hotels and that's when I saw Samantha Brown at the Ladybug release. I will look into doing it at Epcot since I got all this information.

We just did the lady bug release at Epcot last week while we were there. It was near Italy. A guy was handing them out, a little box, and the kids could get them and open the boxes and let them go into the flowers. The kids loved, I took a lot of pictures, they really had a good time doing it.

So, is this guy just there at a certain time? What do I need to do in order to find him and be a part of this release? Should I be there near Italy at a certain time, etc?

We aren't going until October so it's not a rush that I know right now.

Magic Smiles
05-20-2008, 07:58 AM
We just got back last week and I overheard them completing the ladybug release. It was once again in Epcot. The flower festival is currently ongoing at Epcot so I wouldn't be surprised if this was something that they do during the festival, but do not know for sure.

Hayden's Dad
05-20-2008, 10:54 AM
We did this last week in Epcot for the Flower and Garden Festival it is over near Italy. at 1:00 and 3:00. It was a lot of fun, especially keeping them from carwling into Hayden's pockets. :mickey:

Norwellian
05-21-2008, 06:50 AM
I just read, and I can't remember where, that they do this at the Polynesian Resort every Thursday morning at 11am.

I don't know how up to date this information is, but I have it on my list of things to do on my next trip in December. :santa3::santa3:

MsMin
05-21-2008, 09:39 AM
I believe the lady bug release they are talking about at EPCOT is with the F&GF b/c I saw it listed w/ their events. HOWEVER if you really want to do it you can do it on the Behind the Seeds Tour at the Land. The tour runs every hour and it's about $12 for adults. It's a great tour and you get to release ladybugs at the land in the gardens!

TammiMcMan
05-21-2008, 10:29 AM
I just read, and I can't remember where, that they do this at the Polynesian Resort every Thursday morning at 11am.Unfortunately, I do believe what you read is outdated information. The resorts have not had the releases for a few years now.