PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good week to go ?

mexinese
05-16-2008, 11:58 AM
Planning to go 12/6-12/13. Is this a good time to go as far as the crowd's and the weather ?

Jasper
05-16-2008, 12:05 PM
Any time is a good time to go!!:D:D

OK, seriously that should be a pretty good week for both crowds and weather. True, the weather is a little less predictable in terms of temperature than other times of year but if you plan ahead for both warm and cool weather it is not a big deal!

Good luck!

fupresti
05-16-2008, 01:03 PM
That is the same time frame I looked at when booking. Disney even recommends it as a slower time to go and the deals should be good.

Kids are still in school and most everyone I imagine wants to be there closer to Christmas, so you get all of the benefits of WDW during the holidays without the insane crowd levels.

FriendsofMickey
05-16-2008, 01:25 PM
I've been there at that time. The crowd level was :cloud9:. Really good time to go.... (last year, they had POP Warner (dec 1-8) during that time, so that might increase the crowds a little.

Weather wise, it is mixed. I love it though, because I am coming from PA and the weather here is usually cold by that time of year. When we go in Nov and Dec we allways bring a couple of pair of jeans and our fleece jackets. That way, if it is cold for a day or two, we are covered. The evenings are a little chilly most of the time, but the day time is nice. Last year at the end of trip (Dec 2-4), it was kind of cold, but the rest of the trip was warm.
Just realize you will need to bring clothes for both warm (70s) weather and colder (mid 50s) weather.

Diz-Knee
05-16-2008, 02:22 PM
I too have gone that week and the crowds were very light. Chilly at night - sweater/jacket/or long sleeves necessary and warm during the day. Though my BIL and SIL have been that time of year when it was unusually cold (hat and coat weather). I would definitely go back that time of year. My only complaint was that it got dark earlier but it wasn't a big deal.

Have fun!

sillyolbear
05-16-2008, 03:51 PM
Not a bad time to go at all. The parks are all decked out for Christmas and crowds are manageable.

As others have posted, the weather can be a mixed bag. Just pack with that in mind.

Tinksmom
05-16-2008, 05:33 PM
I sure hope so. I'm going the 7- 14 and have 2 clients going that week, too. I can't wait!!! Just bring some cold weather gear, just in case. That time of year should make for a great photo for Christmas pictures!!!

Rella
05-16-2008, 10:35 PM
:cloud9:I believe that Pop Warner falls during those dates in 2008, so you may want to take that into account, but otherwise it's a great time to go...decorations are up and in all their glory. My favorite time in the World!

RockinRollerMom
05-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I love this time of year at Disney. You get all the perks of visiting at christmas time without the crowds. The Osborne lights, MVMCP, Candlelight Processional and all of the resorts decked out for the holidays is pure magic. As other posters have mentioned Pop Warner will be there at this time. As long as you are not staying at the All Stars or POR you should be all set. Last year our trip was overlapped by Pop Warner and it wan't too bad. There were a few chearleaders at our resort POFQ but it wan't too bad. I don't think it makes too much of a difference at the parks. I can't even remember seeing them there. The weather was really comforable for us. I found myself having much more energy in high70's - low 80's weather oppossed to the 90's weather I have dealt with in past trips. Yes you will need a sweater for the evenings but it was still comfortable. It was warm enough for us to swim most days and we even hit a water park one day. I hope you love this time of year as much as we do!!

Disneyatic
05-17-2008, 07:11 PM
To piggyback a question.........when do the crowds start to increase in December???
We are going the 13th thru 20th and are expecting them to get bigger throughout the week.
Anyone have any experience with these dates?

Beast_fanatic
05-17-2008, 10:48 PM
To piggyback a question.........when do the crowds start to increase in December???
We are going the 13th thru 20th and are expecting them to get bigger throughout the week.
Anyone have any experience with these dates?

Value season ends December 16th/18th, so that indicates that Disney expects the crowds to start growing at that point. I would think that the big build of crowds would start on the 20th though.