PDA

View Full Version : Happy Friday! A slice o' pie...

Dr_Nigel_C
05-16-2008, 07:05 AM
Happy Friday, everyone! :mickey:

Hope you all are having a great day so far! We're busy here, getting packed up and ready for a trip to New Orleans (which is why Jamie has me hosting the party today).

Anywho -- we've got plans to get together with Bret and his lovely wife while we're in town...so crank up the grill, Bret!! :party:

I hear today is National Pizza Party day. So, in celebration, we've got pizzas with all sort of crazy toppings. I'm curious to hear what everyone here likes on theirs...

:pizza:

That brings us to the Drink-of-the-day. What goes best with pizza? Beer, of course!! :beer:

So...pass the breadsticks! Happy Friday, everyone!!

pogo
05-16-2008, 07:17 AM
:fworks:.....Happy Friday Everyone !.....:fworks:

I'll take two :beer::beer: for this morning and I'm sure I'll be back later for more !

Have a safe and fun trip to N.O. !

Just don't stand to close to the flame while Bret is grilling ! :D

JanetMegan
05-16-2008, 08:04 AM
How appropriate! I was already planning on having pizza for supper! Actually I'm doing something tonight I haven't done in about 10 years-babysitting. Ok they aren't babies, they are 10 and 13, but what dinner is better for keeping kids happy than pizza right?

I personally like the old standard of regular pepperoni-which also goes great with a big ol :marg:

drummerboy
05-16-2008, 08:25 AM
Anywho -- we've got plans to get together with Bret and his lovely wife while we're in town...so crank up the grill, Bret!! :party:

Just don't stand to close to the flame while Bret is grilling ! :D
I was going to recommend that a little something in asbestos would be a nice outfit to wear. :D

Happy Friday!

Lucille
05-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!

I love pizza with bacon, oven dried tomatoes and spinich washed down with a La Fin Du Monde :beer:

I can't believe I get to go to Disneyland TOMORROW!

tinkwest
05-16-2008, 10:26 AM
:pizza: + :beer: = :tasty:

Extra cheese, please!

wdwgrl377
05-16-2008, 11:48 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!!

This is my kind of party here!! Pizza and beer! YEAH I'm there!

You have a safe, fun trip to N.O. Although, I wish I were there to meet up with you and Jamie again! I had a great time with y'all at Lagers!! There will be other times though, I know!

Everyone, have a great, safe and fun weekend!!

MsMin
05-16-2008, 11:55 AM
Happy Friday Everyone!

I'm heading down for the bbq :party2: I haven't heard what I can bring. :secret:Last time I was there it was Sherrie (Mrs.SgtTigger) :fireman: who had the :flame: maybe we were talking too much....:blush:
Hmmmm. I was thinking pie when I saw the title.. maybe I can bring Key Lime Pie!
:pizza: I love pizza... one of my favorites is w/ artichoke hearts, spinach and feta! yum.....

MauiMouse
05-16-2008, 12:24 PM
Pizza sounds good about now. :pizza: Beer well sorry not so great. Never liked beer, so how about a :marg: instead.

Safe driving you two. Enjoy your weekend, I know that you will have a fantastic time with Bret and Sherrie.

ElenitaB
05-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Happy travels, everyone! (That specifically means the Cs and Lucille, but everyone else who's hitting the road this weekend.)

Speaking of travel, I almost forgot that the Magic is going through the Panama Canal today. If you want to take a peek at the Canal Authority's webcams, click here (http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html). From what I've read, she'll be at the Miraflores lock around 2:30 pm (Central time). She should have already passed through the Gatun locks. Soon she'll be at the Pedro Miguel locks (where there apparently is no webcam). After Miraflores, she'll be passing under the beautiful (I think) Centennial Bridge.

So I'll just be sipping my tea here and thinking of our fellow INTERCOTer, Pixie Power, as she and the Magic make their way through the Canal.

Have a great day and a great weekend, everyone!

MScholl13
05-16-2008, 03:30 PM
Gosh, it's been forever since I've been to a Friday part on here. :blush:

I'll take a nice cold Shinerbock please Nigel!

Oh...and next time you and Jamie are in Louisiana, ya'll should extend your trip to NW Louisiana and come see me!

Ok...just a suggestion. ;)

MauiMouse
05-16-2008, 03:45 PM
Speaking of travel, I almost forgot that the Magic is going through the Panama Canal today. If you want to take a peek at the Canal Authority's webcams, click here (http://www.pancanal.com/eng/photo/camera-java.html). From what I've read, she'll be at the Miraflores lock around 2:30 pm (Central time). She should have already passed through the Gatun locks. Soon she'll be at the Pedro Miguel locks (where there apparently is no webcam). After Miraflores, she'll be passing under the beautiful (I think) Centennial Bridge.

Thanks for the link, Ellen, unfortunately it says here that the Miraflores Lock cam is not working, but I'm watching the Centennial Bridge cam. :thumbsup:

Dr_Nigel_C
05-16-2008, 04:41 PM
Thanks for the link, Ellen!! I'm watching and waiting...

Oh look, there she is! Wow, much smaller than I thought. Oh wait, just a tug-boat...

:D

Anywho, hope everyone's having a great day so far -- more pizza and beer on the way!!

HndrdPrcnt
05-16-2008, 05:52 PM
I like my pizza to be like my wife, sweet but spicy!! So I go for pepporoni with jalapenos and pineapple!! :tasty:

Have a great weekend everyone!!:thumbsup:

SgtTigger
05-16-2008, 08:21 PM

I like Crawfish on my Pizza....... with pepperoni.... Hey its good........

Just don't stand to close to the flame while Bret is grilling !

Hey no warning anyone........

I was going to recommend that a little something in asbestos would be a nice outfit to wear.

Oh we are so funny today..... If I remember correctly ... you helped me start the fire in Jamies pool last time........

I haven't heard what I can bring. .....

And who was suppose to tell you what to bring?????? you make Key Lime pie????? I like lime.... and key too...........:D

Happy Friday everyone...... have a great weekend.......

:cop: :tigger: