PDA

View Full Version : Best days for each park and Fantasmic and MVMCP Questions

dassjs
05-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Hi All,

DH and I will be going to WDW from 11/8-11/15 with our 6 yr old twins and have a few questions.
1. Is Fantasmic a good choice or is it scary? Weve never seen it.
2. We've been to the MVMCP pre-kids and loved it but with the high price of tickets now, wonder if it is worth it to go? What is unique to the night?
3. Which Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is the best to make reservations at? How long is the appt for?
4. What are the best days to visit each park?
5. Do you all have suggestions for dining? We purchased the DDP. We definitely will do Chef Mickey's for breakfast, Cosmic Ray's for lucnh and dinner at ESPN and Prime Time. We will try Earl of Sandwich for the first time. We'd appreciate any other suggestions you may have. For example, would you do Liberty Tree or the Plaza Rest at MK? What restaurant would you siggest in Epcot?

Thanks much for your help!

scootch713
05-16-2008, 07:21 AM
1. Is Fantasmic a good choice or is it scary? Great choice for 6 year olds.... it is a smidge scary, but my girls who are true scaredy cats, managed to do fine with it.

2. We've been to the MVMCP pre-kids and loved it but with the high price of tickets now, wonder if it is worth it to go? What is unique to the night?
They have the christmas parade, a new show in front of the castle, snow on main street, new firework wishes show and characters dressed in xmas costumes(although you will find this at camp minnie and mickey every day at MK while you are there). If you are never going again at christmas, then it is probablyworth seeing once. We went in 05, and I raved over it. Last year we went one full week before thanksgiving on a thursday night and it was packed with rude people as everyone was trying to get a spot for the parades, it was just awful. Not sure it is really worth the price of 4 admissions though. YOu will get many varying views about this.

3. Which Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique is the best to make reservations at? How long is the appt for?
this is our first year at BBB. I am doing MK, just so they can walk around and go to toontown to see the characters and such. I have heard though they are both great locations, all depends what you want to do afterwards. I have heard from so many people to take my own dress, so we are doing the crown package and I am anticipating at least an hour/an hour 1/2 for it.
who the heck knows since there are no november hours out :-o

5. Do you all have suggestions for dining? Gathering your twins are girls since you are doing BBB.... dont' miss the epcot princess breakfast. Character interaction can't be beat. My girls(6 and 8) still love any character interaction. Chef Mickeys is great(we do dinner though as they like the sundae bar), 1900 Park fare was just ok for us, CP was a fun early breakfast .. if you get 8am before park opens, it is cool.

Maleficent's Dad
05-16-2008, 09:05 AM
I can't answer all your questions, but I'll try to address what I can. :mickey:

1. Is Fantasmic a good choice or is it scary? Weve never seen it.
My kids have been going to Fantasmic! since they were very young - there are some scary parts, but if you forewarn your children, you should be fine. Let them know that Maleficent turns into a dragon and sets the lagoon on fire - but Mickey wins in the end. It's not overly bad, and it's cool to see. Just warn them and the rest should be fine. The rest of the show isn't scary. Lots of great effects.

We went this past December for the first time, and others here will probably rebuke what I say (not to mention criticize me), but we found the party to be a great disappointment. The only two things that were unique to the evening were the special parade and fireworks. Every other show was available to see during the MK's normal operating hours. For the price they charge, we felt totally ripped off. Most here on Intercot love MVMCP, but I was sorely let down by the experience; perhaps my expectations were too high - I'm not sure - but we essentially paid a boat-load of money for some lame cookies, cider, cocoa, a parade and fireworks. We had a group of 14 people - none would return. The crowds were much greater in the evening than they were during the same day's normal operating hours. Again - this is just my experience!

5. Do you all have suggestions for dining? We purchased the DDP. We definitely will do Chef Mickey's for breakfast, Cosmic Ray's for lucnh and dinner at ESPN and Prime Time. We will try Earl of Sandwich for the first time. We'd appreciate any other suggestions you may have. For example, would you do Liberty Tree or the Plaza Rest at MK? What restaurant would you siggest in Epcot?
Best days? We avoid morning EMH's as we find those parks get crowded by lunch time. Many find the extra hour in the morning a plus as lines for that time are very short.

Meals - Chef Mickey's is good for the young ones, but a bit frantic and loud. Character meals are great for the kids - Crystal Palace in the MK, perhaps?
Liberty Tree is a good choice - but keep in mind that dinner is the only time you'll see characters, and at dinner, food is served family style on a set menu.

Good luck with your trip! :mickey:

disneyfan328
05-16-2008, 11:38 AM
I can't help you with the MVMCP as we have never been, but fantasmic even with a 5 year old fraidy cat was a blast they all enjoyed it and it was one of the highlights of the trip. As for Chef Mickeys we too love breakfast there. I was not impressed with Liberty Tree. the meat was dry and the only part about it that I truly enjoyed was the salad. That rasbperry or strawberry vinagrette was awesome. I wish that I could buy it by the bottle.

As for the earl of Sandwhich we did this on our trip last September and it was fantastic. My husband had some kind of sandwhich although I don't remember what it was but he loved it and I had a chef salad I believe it had dried cranberried and big chunks of meat and cheese in it. they make them fresh so it was amazing. I can't wait to go back there for another one. We also liked the cyrstal palace for bkfst. Other than that I hope that you have a great time.

We woud like to try the MVMCP or MNSSHP once but haven't been able to do so yet. maybe our next trip we will plan in November or early December and try for it. With things like that I think you almost have to go for it once and see if you like it. If not don't do it again, but at least you got to experience it once.