PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Flower Festival part 11

dlpmikki
05-15-2008, 10:26 PM
Monday 12th May
It’s cooler. Mikki goes to Aquatica while I get this report up to date. Mikki comes back quicker than expected. She reports that Roos Rapids are running slower than the lazy river. She told a lifeguard who told her to find someone with a radio. She didn’t see anyone so she stopped at Guest Relations by the exit - who said she should tell a lifeguard. When she explained she had and what he said they replied well we can’t help you. Hey, she was leaving anyway! She was trying to help you. Not great customer relations!

It’s also our “towel and trash” day. We are wondering what Disney recycles. In the UK it varies widely between different local areas depending on what facilities the local council has. We now live in the area with the highest percentage of recycling in the country so are used to being able to recycle lots of things. Among the stuff given to you at check-in or left in the room, it seems the only piece of paper DVC has cut back on is the one about recycling.

Mikki decides it is time to visit the DVC offices to try and get our declined extension of OKW paperwork signed again. What a difference from our last visit! No appointment this time and as soon as we arrive they ask about passports (yes!). A very nice man called Larry, who had been with DVC since it started and who shared some reminisces with us about Commodore House, took charge of us and sorted everything out. When we told him about how many notaries there were in the whole of the UK (about 900) he said they probably had that many just at WDW. We even had ice-cream when we finished which bought back memories of when we bought back in 1992.

We go for lunch at “House of Blues”. It’s tasty – and a bit larger than the humans really wanted. The entrée also arrives almost as soon as the soup. It’s also relatively quiet and peaceful at lunchtime.

After a restful afternoon Mikki decides to check out the OKW pool. Very pleasant and when she eventually tries out the slide she is surprised how many turns they have fitted in to such a low height. Not bad! If she was honest she would prefer they had not added the slide so the dues wouldn’t have increased to pay for the lifeguards etc.

Tuesday 13th May
We have a busy day today. First, we are off to Epcot because it is early magic hours and we plan to ride “Soarin before it gets busy. We do – but also see Ian in the line and meet afterwards. He kindly offers to get us onto Test Track through the sponsor’s lounge. Until then, we ride Mission Space (no line: interesting that this is not one of the rides people want to do on magic hours) and Soarin again (fastpass)

Ian then takes us into the GM lounge at Test Track. There is a window onto the ride so you can see how cleverly the track is fitted into the building. Everyone agrees it is a big advantage to miss the line (and the “music”) here. You don’t even have to watch the pre-show. The only problem with Test Track is that I don’t see much because my humans keep me very safe in during the ride.

We thank Ian and head off to our next mission of the day – the Astronaut Hall of Fame. As well as the plaques for the honourees, the Hall of Fame is full of interesting exhibits. There are actual consoles from Mission Control in Houston (yes, you can touch them) and real space capsules (you can’t touch but you can get jolly close). There is a huge amount of factual information about the astronauts. There are also some games and interactive exhibits – although not all of them seemed to be working today. Mikki played a simulation of landing a space shuttle. She landed fine when trying “trainee level” but overshot when she tried “advanced level” and ended up “going where no man has gone before”. Meanwhile, Andrew watched an animation of the projected Orion flights to the moon.

We get back in time for an early dinner at Bahama Breeze.

You'll have to wait for the rest of the report until I get home next week - Meeow!

DizNee143
05-16-2008, 10:37 AM
sounds like another great couple of days..
awww.we dont get anymore for a while...so sad your trip is coming to an end..i always enjoy reading your reports..
hope the rest of your trip is great..cant wait to hear about it!!! :mickey:

Bethis26fan
05-16-2008, 10:59 AM
Sounds like a great day and have a safe trip home.

faline
05-16-2008, 12:01 PM
Out of all the folks there, it's funny you should run into Ian! What a lot of great visiting you've done on this trip!

Figaro, your humans seem to be very interested in space and astrology? Do they have a telescope?

wdwgrl377
05-16-2008, 12:17 PM
Thanks for reporting! :mickey:

pogo
05-16-2008, 02:31 PM
Another fun and relaxing couple of days at WDW ! :mickey:

Thanks for taking us along. :D

MauiMouse
05-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Small world that you would run into Ian in line at Soarin'. Kind of nice too of him to get you into Test Track via the GM Lounge. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the report. :mickey:

Safe journey back across the pond. :plane:

ElenitaB
05-16-2008, 04:27 PM
Monday was quite the day for water rides for Mikki, eh? Figaro, I bet you're glad she just told you about it and didn't take you along.

Have a safe flight home!

tinkerbell04
05-16-2008, 07:38 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip! My FIL works for GM and we have been up in the lounge. It really is neat there! I hope you have a safe trip home :)

ChipnDaleGal
05-17-2008, 09:13 AM
Another great installment from our favorite roving kitty reporter! Thanks , Figaro. :mickey:

pdrlkr
05-17-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

offwego
05-19-2008, 08:57 AM
You and your humans sure did see a lot of your friends this trip didn't you?

thanks again for a lovely report. It's such a pleasure to read them.:mickey: