PDA

View Full Version : Magical Express Questions!

deebee29
05-15-2008, 08:29 PM
I have a couple of ME questions! We are heading down to Disney for one week, and then spending another week in Florida.

1.) I am in Canada, and we will be leaving through our local airport and then stopping in Toronto, and then Orlando. What will we have to do with our luggage, with regard to Magical Express? How exactly does this work?

2.) We had planned on using ME just for our arrival at Disney. We have our documents and everything. We planned on picking up our rental at the car care centre for our second week in Florida after our week at Disney. We realized yesterday it is so much cheaper to do this at the airport. Is it now possible to get the ME back to the airport after our week at Disney to get the rental car?

wendy*darling
05-15-2008, 08:45 PM
You should be able to use DME in both directions.

1) Getting to Orlando. First- you need to reserve DME ahead of time. You will give your flight info into Orlando International Airport and your Disney Resort info. Disney will send you bright yellow luggage tags that you need to put on all of your checked luggage. Then, when your plane arrives at MCO, your luggage will be claimed by DME before it hits the baggage claim area, and will be taken to your resort. It should arrive in about 3 hours (give or take) after you land.

2) Since you are checking out of your Disney Resort, you will give them that date for your return to MCO. Then you bring your luggage with you to the DME bus, board and travel to MCO. Once you get off the bus- you can go get your rental car for the 2nd half of your vacation.:mickey:

deebee29
05-15-2008, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the quick reply!
We leave in 9 days, and I have our documents and tags. We had planned to just use ME to get to Disney, and not back to the airport. Can we change this now?
And I don't have to worry about baggage in Orlando? With it going through customs an d everything?

Rodders
05-16-2008, 04:52 AM
For domestic flights they collect your bags for you. I know that for flights from the UK you have to collect your own bags from the carousel and take them through to the DME desk. I don't know which category Canadian arrivals fall into for DME purposes.

Have a great time :thumbsup: