PDA

View Full Version : Figaro's Flower Festival part 10

dlpmikki
05-15-2008, 08:17 PM
Friday 9th May
We have to be up early to clean up the room and leave. We also want to be early because we want to get “home” to Old Key West. We have breakfast at Olivia’s where we cause a hold up in service when our server chats with us for a long time about the English classic – Dr Who.

We take a bus to the Magic Kingdom. On Main Street, we see a statuette of Tinker Bell (well, actually only of the top half of Tinker Bell) we have not seen before. She has her hands up tying the ribbon in her hair. It is a limited edition exclusive to Art of Disney. They only have one. They have none by the time we leave.

We ride Buzz Lightyear and the TTA before deciding to go back to OKW to see if the room is ready. We take a bus back. Although the room originally assigned is still not ready, they find us another – on the ground floor of building 14: very convenient.

We have time to unpack a little before Mikki goes for her next tennis coaching session. After that, it is a quick change before dinner at Olivia’s with Jeanie and Jim. They go on to enjoy the piano player at Port Orleans but my humans are tired.

Saturday 10th May
Tennis is at 9.30 and it’s a hot day. It is nearly 11 o’clock when we get a bus to the Studios to see if we can try Toy Story Mania. The line is reported between 1½ and 2 hours. Well, what do you expect? Much to hot to wait that long. We return to OKW.

We go back to the stores to get the new large suitcase Mikki has chosen. We then get back to the Outback Steakhouse about the time they start dinner. The Humans have an early dinner. They get back to OKW in time to enjoy a restful evening including enough time to fill the large OKW Jacuzzi.

Sunday 11th May
It is Mikki’s last tennis lesson – at 7.30am! Mikki and I both try to tell Andrew he can stay in bed but . . . Next, we telephone Andrew’s mother in the UK. It is not Mother’s Day there but it’s still nice. UK currently has weather which is just about Floridian – hot.

We have a generally quiet day, avoiding the parks, though Mikki does worry over this for some time as she decides whether to try the Studios again for Toy Story Mania. We do discover the Disney Store is offering good deals as well as discount for annual passholders. We buy a shirt and a pin for less than $10 together.

We visit West Side in the evening and the humans eat pizza at Puck Express. The menu is more restricted here than the Puck Express in the Marketplace but the service was quick and it had cooled enough that it was really pleasant to sit outside. Mikki checks the prices of DVDs in Virgin Megastore. Once again, we learn World of Disney can be cheaper. However, we do pick up one DVD. It’s volume 10 of a series called, “Classic Cartoon Favorites and is titled, “Best Pals, Mickey and Minnie”. It does have some absolute classics starring the 2 mice such as “Nifty Nineties” and “Mickey’s Rival”. However, 4 of the films star Figaro. Can you believe my humans only had them recorded from television?

offwego
05-15-2008, 08:42 PM
What a great day! I sure hope the lessons were worth the time spent on them. 7:30 seems so early.

Sounds like more shopping was done as well which is wonderful..thank you as always for your report.

Bethis26fan
05-16-2008, 07:45 AM
Sounds like a great day.

dlpmikki
05-16-2008, 09:16 AM
The other thread headed up part 10 is actually part 11. I tried changing the title but it only changed it in the thread not on the forum. If a trip reports mod has a chance can they see if they have more luck than me? Thanks!

DizNee143
05-16-2008, 09:53 AM
sounds like a great few days here...i hope you human enjoyed all her tennis lessons..
and you guys surely do love olivias!! it is a great place..whenever we stay at OKW..we pretty much live in that restuarant!! i just miss there chicken pot pie..that was yummy..
anyways..again sounds like all is good in florida!! glad eveyrthing is going good!! :mickey:

Jeff G
05-16-2008, 10:42 AM
Sounds likes a fun and relaxing (except the early tennis lessons) trip so far. Hopefully the luck turns with Toy Story Mania.

I just wanted to make a comment on Dr. Who, I loved that show growing up with Tom Baker as Dr. Who. That is a classic.

Thanks for all of the reports so far.

ChipnDaleGal
05-16-2008, 10:58 AM
The other thread headed up part 10 is actually part 11. I tried changing the title but it only changed it in the thread not on the forum. If a trip reports mod has a chance can they see if they have more luck than me? Thanks!

I fixed it for you Mikki. :thumbsup:

And Figaro - thanks for more great reporting.

faline
05-16-2008, 11:57 AM
With that hot weather, it's a good thing the tennis lessons are in early morning!

Lots of wonderful relaxing going on!

wdwgrl377
05-16-2008, 12:15 PM
What a great day you had there. Your humans ate at my favorite place, Outback Steakhouse! Yum!

Thanks for sharing this great day! :mickey:

pogo
05-16-2008, 02:25 PM
Thanks for sharing these three days with us.

And I'm still glad Mikki is taking those :tennis: lessons. :D

MauiMouse
05-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, you got to finally have dinner with Jim & Jeanne. Plus, glad to hear that you're back on property. Thanks for the report.

ElenitaB
05-16-2008, 04:22 PM
I bet it felt good to visit home and be home, i.e., actually staying there and not just having dinner.

Figaro, couldn't you convince Andrew to rest? Surely you could teach him some of those nice feline stretches that lead into the next round of rest.

pdrlkr
05-17-2008, 06:47 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey: