PDA

View Full Version : La Nouba questions

mycutiepatooties
05-15-2008, 03:22 PM
Do you know how long the show is? I figured a couple hours with an intermission. Is my thinking correct? I'm trying to decide if our 4 yr. old daughter would enjoy it. I know that our 8 yr. old would do fine. Does it hold a younger child's attention well? Any advice?

mouseketeer mom
05-15-2008, 03:40 PM
It will definitely hold both of your childrens attention. The show ran about 1 1/2 hrs, and I don't remember an intermission! It is worth every penny. We wore sold on Cirque after seeing La Nouba and have since been to 4 more! It is beautiful, amazing, can't believe your eyes stuff! There are not enough adjectives to describe the wonder of this show. My youngest was 5 when we first took them.

wendy*darling
05-17-2008, 12:39 PM
True- 90 minutes and no intermission.
It's about the length of an animated feature- but way more mesmerizing for all ages!

All seats are good in this theater. I would suggest NOT sitting too close to the stage though- as a lot of action happens above the stage. It's easier to take it all in from sitting in the top 1/3 of the lower section, or the bottom 1/3 of the upper level (in my opinion).

Go- you will all enjoy it and be talking about it long after it's over. :thumbsup:

mycutiepatooties
05-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the great advice. We'll be getting tickets now.

mouseketeer mom
05-19-2008, 06:52 PM
I agree with the above poster...front and center are not the best seats. Action is everywhere!! You would have a very sore neck from looking up if you had up front seats!

RAIDER
05-23-2008, 03:50 AM
Last year we had seats right by the centre entrance of the stage and they were perfect :number1:

PetefromRI
05-24-2008, 04:06 PM
We decided to go to Cirque for the first time in September 08.What seats do you recommend and where do you buy them.I was ready to buy the most expensive seats until I read this post.Sounds like Intercot is saving me money again!We are 2 adults going without children.Is any time frame show better than another?Thanks.

Kidsmom
05-24-2008, 09:07 PM
We paid for the most expensive seats (dead center 5th row) and I loved them. We didn't have a sore neck at all! I felt we got a better perspection of the height these people we at in the air since we were ground level.

Now...if money were an issue for these tickets, I would say get any seat as they are all good seats. It is a small theater and you can't do wrong.

Great....great show!!! You won't be sorry!