PDA

View Full Version : Libations part duex - Free things with drink

mook3y
05-15-2008, 02:59 PM
Ok, my other post got me thinking.

At the Poly, when you order a backscratcher drink, it is served with a bamboo backscratcher.

Any other fun things like that around the world?

Natazu
05-15-2008, 04:49 PM
At PI, you used to be able to get jello shots, served in a syringe by a wandering "nurse" for like $7. I miss those nurses... I mean shots.

KineGirl
05-15-2008, 04:57 PM
At PI, you used to be able to get jello shots, served in a syringe by a wandering "nurse" for like $7. I miss those nurses... I mean shots.

:funny: :marg: :nurse: :nono: :funny:

Young@Heart
05-15-2008, 11:15 PM
I'm looking forward to reading this thread. :mickey: I'm planning on getting my fist WDW adult beverage this trip, so it'll be fun to see what some of my option are.

When we were in Cape Cod last year, we got drink that came in handcarved coconut heads.

KineGirl
05-16-2008, 01:28 AM
I think I remember that if you buy a glass of wine in Germany you get to keep the wine glass... its been a few years though so Im not for sure.

At AKL pool bar in 06 if you bought a signature drink you got to keep the glass (pretty too!) that it came in.. but again its been a couple of years so Im not certain if thats still how it is.

Mickey 101
05-16-2008, 02:19 AM
I still have a wine glass from the shop in France from our trip in 1982. Unfortunately, they've since stopped the practice and now give out plastic glasses. The wine is still good, though!

Natazu
05-16-2008, 05:48 AM
As I sit here proudly wearing my scrubs as an RN working the nightshift, I am rolling my eyes and trying not to laugh at the same time!:shake::funny::nurse:

belated Happy Nurse's Day

biodtl
05-16-2008, 09:15 AM
When we were in Cape Cod last year, we got drink that came in handcarved coconut heads.

There is a drink at the luau that comes in one. Also - you can keep the glass (plastic) for the specialty drinks there. I still have ones from way back in the early days that were glass.

LandFan
05-16-2008, 09:57 AM
Well, the Lapu Lapu comes in a pineapple but I don't think you'd want to keep that very long:D

Diz-Knee
05-16-2008, 11:48 AM
At Rainforest Cafe you can pay extra to take your glass home - this trip it was a lighted glass.

Also in France they are serving a sparkling Vodka - can't recall what it was called - in a plastic champagne glass that lights up when you have liquid in it.

I always like to keep the stir sticks from the Contemporary and use them at home.

crazeedizneefinatic
05-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Last year we got pirates punch for my son and it came in a cool cup and it came with a light up Captain Hook. I still surprise him from time to time with it on his straw. Also I know the Sci-Fi has a drink with light up ice cubes. Fun things to get and bring home to remember the magic!

Natazu
05-17-2008, 09:45 PM
Why thank you very much!!! :nurse: But believe me, in 10 days I am putting the scrubs away for 7 whole days and going back to WDW for some of these wonderful concoctions that we have been discussing!

Have I approved your ADRs yet?

KineGirl
05-17-2008, 09:50 PM
I forgot that at TL they also have "coconut head" drinks

Natazu
05-17-2008, 10:31 PM
Nope, but I am pretty sure that you just read about them because I saw you post on the other thread where I mentioned my ADR's. Does the Dining Guru approve?:mickey:
You know a dining guru? That's gotta be cool.
I saw five days worth, they look great, fun too.

I wish I had a nickel for every time Rachel said "I wish we could stay longer" and then the Magical Journey's ladies got a call. "Karen, can you find us a room for a few more days". She's like Mighty Mouse.