PDA

View Full Version : Need some 2TS with kids advice

mouseaddict
05-15-2008, 11:37 AM
So, we are going to splurge and go deluxe for our next trip so that we can do some kids meals but also some adult stuff. So far we are thinking Citricos, Brown Derby and Flying Fish. I am trying to come up with some other places that are sort of kid friendly..I know they all have kid menus..but ...
Our other choices for 1 ts are Crystal Palace (lunch), Coral Reef (lunch) and probably either Chef Mickeys or Marrakesh.
If not a 2ts does anyone have a good suggestion for a nice place to take two 6 year olds and an 18 month old?

Jared
05-15-2008, 11:55 AM
Every restaurant, besides Victoria & Albert's, regularly accommodates kids and have children's menus. All of the signature places are wonderful and completely worthwhile. The Hollywood Brown Derby came to mind first because it is located in a theme park and expects especially relaxed attire. Flying Fish Cafe and Citricos maintain a loosely enforced business casual dress code.

Good luck, and realize you really can't make any bad decisions in this situation if your kids are willing to sit through nicer dinners.

:tasty:

mook3y
05-15-2008, 12:17 PM
We are taking our children 4 and 6 this year to a 2 TS for the first time. We picked California Grill and timed it to see the fireworks.

Our kids are usually well behaved at restaurants.

However, we keep telling them about having dinner and getting to see the fireworks as motivation to remind them to be really good that night. :) and to be patient with a bit longer meal.

Natazu
05-15-2008, 01:15 PM
I can't think of a 2TS place that isn't kid friendly. I could see 'em getting bored at Yachtsman or Brown Derby but as a general rule, the best kids menus on property are at the signature restaurants. Definitely California Grill, Narcoossee's, Citrico's, Flying Fish. The views and show-kitchens alone are worth a trip.

Scott C
05-15-2008, 02:48 PM
Biergarten -- be sure to catch the show. The buffet is very kid friendly.

Thanks
Scott C

mouseaddict
05-15-2008, 02:49 PM
Thanks all for the input. We are booked at Jiko, Citricos and Flying Fish. I also got Marrakesh and Crystal Palace. I have one more lunch to figure out (Coral Reef is all booked up) and I am not sure if I want to keep the Crystal Palace one since it is at 9:25 and the park opens at 9.... We are taking a friend and her kids that day and they have never been to Magic Kingdom, so I want to come up with a neat lunch....grrrrr. Any suggestions?

Jared
05-15-2008, 05:48 PM
Liberty Tree Tavern has a great lunch menu, perhaps even better than the family-style dinner offerings. The Colony Salad is always a favorite.

Also consider The Plaza Restaurant for creative sandwiches and awesome desserts from the ice cream parlor next door.

:tasty:

RALPH
05-18-2008, 07:15 AM
If you eat at Yachtsman (my favorite ) with your small kids and you are not staying at the Y&BC your kids will torture you about Stormalong Bay (The pool), DS kept asking us if we could stay there when he was younger. We were able to make his dream come true, with a lot of overtime. Your hotel pool will pale in comparison. Same thing if you go to Beaches and Cream. Just a thought.

By the way, Yachtsman handles small children well. I think all the WDW restaurants do. Now that he is a teen, he has different interests, but still loves his steak.