PDA

View Full Version : Dining ADR

kdssmorse
05-15-2008, 09:31 AM
We will be going May 23-29 and I thought all my ADR's were made. My mistake I have one more sit down left. So far we are dining at the Crystal Palace (L), Chef Mickey (D), Epcot Princess(L), Ohana, (B), Epcot Teppanyaki (D), Cinderella 1900 Park Fare (D). I have one more sit down available to schedule. Do you think I should add another Chef Mickey,maybe Breakfast? I'm sure we do not need all the food, but I also told my kids 4 & 6 that I was not waiting in lines to see the characters. Any suggestions?
Already packing and ready to leave!!!:mickey:

KineGirl
05-15-2008, 09:39 AM
Yikes! Right now youre going to be lucky to get whatever you can since your trip is literally right around the corner. Id make a short list of the places that youd like to go and then see whats available. Call today!!!!!

SBETigg
05-15-2008, 09:52 AM
If you really want a character meal, I would try a new one, not repeat Chef Mickey's. Maybe Garden Grill at Epcot or Liberty Tree Tavern? But you do have a character heavy meal plan and I think the adults deserve an indulgence, too. Perhaps Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe, or Marrakesh?

MNMS
05-15-2008, 10:14 AM
My wife and I love the Grand Floridian Cafe. We do character meals almost exclusively, but we typically arrange for our girls to go to the Alice In Wonderland Tea Party (no adults allowed) and plan lunch at the Grand Floridian Cafe at the same time. It works out perfectly and the food is great.

We also like to do lunch at the Plaza Restaraunt (right off main street near the ice cream shop). Food is not nearly as good as the GFC, but good nonetheless.

RockinRollerMom
05-15-2008, 11:00 AM
I agree that you should make an ADR. Like you I do not like to wait in line for an autograph so I book a lot of character meals. I actually really like Disney's buffets. Good selections of food plus DD can pick what ever she wants to eat. If you are looking for a another character meal, I think you are going to have a hard time getting Chef Mickey's. (even for breakfast, but you could get lucky) I would reccomend 1900 Park Fare for breakfast with Mary Poppins and friends.( I noticed that you are already eating there for dinner.) I loved this breakfast and there are different characters there than the ones you are already planning on seeing. I'd also check out the Garden Grill at Epcot with Chip and Dale. If you are looking for a non character/buffet meal my suggestions would be to maybe check out the Coral Reef (most likely for lunch), or Kona. My DD both enjoyed those meals.

KylesMom
05-15-2008, 12:02 PM
I would also like to recommend Garden Grill in The Land pavilion with Farmer Mickey, Chip, Dale & Pluto. Great atmosphere and both adult & children's menus are great! :mickey:

Jared
05-15-2008, 06:35 PM
I totally agree with Sherri's post. You already have a lot of character meals booked. Why not try something different? There are so many other wonderful, and kid-friendly, restaurants.

Kona Cafe and Grand Floridian Cafe are two places that may still have tables available on such short notice. Boma - Flavors of Africa is also delicious.

:tasty:

Speedy1998
05-15-2008, 07:01 PM
If you are having trouble finding a place that is not completely booked up, you may want to try Tony's or Sci-Fi. Both are have good food, and when we went during spring break they were actually taking walk-ups (Though it was a 45 minute wait for the walk-ups).

DebK
05-15-2008, 07:36 PM
I think the kids would like the Sci-Fi.....