PDA

View Full Version : MVMCP Questions

faberj
05-15-2008, 08:56 AM
I will be at WDW December 6-14 2008. What does MVMCP offer that you can not do during the regular park hours? I have heard you can see some of the shows during the day is that ture? I am just getting a little scared as it sounds like the parties are jammed packed with people and not very fun due to the crowds. Please advise as I do not want to spend the extra money if it is going to be so crowded.

Strmchsr
05-15-2008, 09:34 AM
Click here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/holidays/christmas/mvmcp.asp) for the MVMCP section in Info Central.

First off, the crowds at MVMCP are not bad at all. It's a limited ticket event so only a limited number of folks get in. The only time it really seems crowded is during the parade when everyone wants to be on Main Street. Even that's not horrendous, and I don't like crowds at all. Many (not all) of the rides are almost walk on.

The parade, the special edition of Wishes, the snow on Main Street, and the shows are all unique to MVMCP. They don't occur any other time until close to Christmas week when some of that stuff will start, but not all of it. Also, many of the characters appear in special holiday outfits that can only be seen during the party. While it may not be worth it every trip, I definitely think it's worth it to do it once.

wdwfan
05-15-2008, 10:26 AM
I've been to MVMCP several times and crowds are not bad at all. To me it's well worth the $$. Parade is great to see in the dark, (we always watch second one) Wishes is fantastic, snow on Main St., just to mention a few things you won't see during reg. park hours.

Belle1217
05-15-2008, 10:34 AM
We went in 2006 and it was great. Not crowed at all. When we went to the Enchanted Tikki Room we were the only people in there. I am doing it again this year. I also think it is worth the money.

MsMin
05-15-2008, 10:35 AM
As Chris said, the crowds are controlled and many rides are walk on adding to the fun. We love the snow on Main Street and the Christmas Wishes. I'm considering taking the day off from the parks to save a ticket and only using the party ticket in Oct for the MNSSHP. I've done the Christmas party 3x's and would do it again.

valjane
05-15-2008, 12:43 PM
MVMCP used to be great, but the crowds have grown over the past few years to the point where they're pretty much as bad as the day crowds.

Disney is getting greedy, selling more tickets to the party while at the same time decreasing the amount of "extras" you get while you're there.

Four years ago I would have wholeheartedly recommended it, but I can't do that anymore.