PDA

View Full Version : Lunch at Coral Reef or Dinner at Teppan Edo?

tinksmom02
05-14-2008, 09:20 PM
Look at me, I'm posting a poll! LOL

Here's the story: I originally booked us for an early dinner at Teppan Edo, but have since reconsidered. We go to our local hibachi place a lot, so I'm afraid it 1. won't be a big deal for the kids, and 2. won't be as good as we're used to, which will 3. turn us off hibachi altogether.

So I got on the phone tonight and was able to score a late lunch ADR for the Coral Reef that day. Definitely think the kids will enjoy this one, but am looking for opinions, I've heard mixed things about food, service...

Advice? Those that enjoy the Coral Reef, what lunchtime selections can you recommend?

Thanks!

KineGirl
05-14-2008, 09:35 PM
We're eating at Teppen Edos this year just to check out the new "look" but I know what you mean about frequenting hibachis. We do too - about once every 2 weeks here. I think like most things Disney though, they are a little above par, at least the "tricks". Ive yet to be disappointed there but if youre worried about being hibachi'd out why not give Coral Reef a try? Ive not been there yet but there have been enough good reviews I think Im going to try it our next NEXT trip.

Ahh such tough decisions we have to make here at Intercot :cool:

Jared
05-14-2008, 09:48 PM
I think you are making the right decision by switching and completely agree with your assessment of Teppan Edo -- it's good but not particularly different from your local hibachi steakhouse.

Coral Reef Restaurant, however, is completely unique and magical. I'm sure your kids will love eating near the fish, and the food is pretty good, too.

:tasty:

ThanxForNoticin
05-15-2008, 12:34 PM
I understand your whole thought process, but this decision would be very easy for us and our kids - Teppan Edo. Great food and atmosphere. Enjoy your meal whichever you choose.

RockinRollerMom
05-15-2008, 12:44 PM
My vote if for Coral Reef. :dory:It is a totally unique dining experience that you will only find in Disney. Your kids will love it!

Natazu
05-15-2008, 01:09 PM
In the immortal words of Roy Yamaguchi:
Go Hibachi home,
Go dinner in 6 million gallon fish tank Disney.

LandFan
05-15-2008, 03:15 PM
Definitely the Coral Reef. The tank is amazing and it has a really neat atmosphere. It feels nice and cool in there - especially when it is really hot outside. We love the catfish - it was pretty amazing!

Natazu
05-15-2008, 04:39 PM
I have some relevant news I can now share. Coral Reef just got an excellent new manager with lots of signature dining experience, so expect some noticeable changes in the near future. Coral Reef will be a contender once again.

Jared
05-15-2008, 05:50 PM
I have some relevant news I can now share. Coral Reef just got an excellent new manager with lots of signature dining experience, so expect some noticeable changes in the near future. Coral Reef will be a contender once again.
I really want to try this restaurant. Perhaps a managerial change will finally convince my family it's worthwhile, considering we are all huge seafood lovers.

And thanks for finally sharing some relevant information for the first time in your posting career.

;) :tasty:

tinksmom02
05-15-2008, 09:20 PM

Thanks for this information, Jym! I think this post may have made the decision for me...