PDA

View Full Version : WL and AKL do they only sleep 4 in room??

threeh
05-14-2008, 02:23 PM
On the WDW site (online booking part) it will let me book a room in Wilderness lodge or Animal kingdom for a max of 4 people. Don't they sleep 5?? Thanks!!

KylesMom
05-14-2008, 02:32 PM
Nope, standard rooms at WL & AKL only sleep 4. You'd need to check into a "Junior Suite".

KineGirl
05-14-2008, 02:34 PM
Ive never stayed in WL but I have AKL - I dont believe it will fit 5 (except maybe if 1 of the party of 5 is an infant). There is no room for a cot if you want to walk in the room at all. The rooms in AKL are kinda small IMO and you would be pretty cramped with 4 to begin with. If you have your heart set on AKL, and they wont allow 5 ppl, you could have lock out rooms that connect or a jr suite.

Tinkerfreak
05-14-2008, 03:00 PM
:soapbox:on. AKL used to have deluxe rooms that had 2 queen beds or 2 bunk beds plus a day bed so you could sleep 5 to a room, plus the room was a bit bigger. They turned all of those rooms into DVC rooms and they are no longer regular rooms. They also moved all of the club level rooms from the 5th and 6th floors down to the 4th to add the DVC rooms upstairs. We are staying at AKL in Nov. and I really wish they still had the deluxe rooms. I think you can only have over 4 people if the 5th person is a baby under age 3 and sleeps in a portable crib. :soapbox: off

TammiMcMan
05-14-2008, 07:48 PM
:soapbox:on. AKL used to have deluxe rooms that had 2 queen beds or 2 bunk beds plus a day bed so you could sleep 5 to a room, plus the room was a bit bigger.I think part of this reason was simple economics. Being a bit out of the way, the AKL had more of a limited fan base. They seemed to average a lower occupancy ratio than the other resorts and they also seemed to give away the highest percentage of upgrades. I would imagine that if they didn't do something like DVC to generate income, then things could have gotten very tough.

Just an FYI as well, the AKL is the only current DVC which allows 5 in a one bedroom "non value" unit (without having to go through a member). The room rate for this type room is not much higher than what they were charging for the larger deluxe rooms.