PDA

View Full Version : Best way to ride waves at TL

rumblytummy
05-14-2008, 01:12 PM
:blush: I am a bit of a shy one with this wave pool. I walked in the first time and got into two feet of water and the current knocked me over. ugh. I have promised my kids each time we go back to Disney, I will try to do something new that I have never done before. They have the best time riding those waves. Out to the farthest, deepest place they go...to"the line" which I have not been to! I think the best part is sitting on the beach, in the sun, listening to the WHOOSH as it begins the wave and all the giggles and screams that follow. PLEASE tell me the best way to get out there, and actually enjoy it. I see 300 pound men flying over my DD and can't see how anyone makes it out alive, let alone enjoy it. Yet, they seem to. I would appreciate any advice on this one. Thank you!

spoonfulosugar
05-14-2008, 01:32 PM
The closer you get to the line, the calmer and less strong the waves feel. You basically bob on top of th wave when you're that far out. Then you can turn around and watch the wave take everyone out :laughing:. You just have to be able to swim or tread water out there between waves. It is tiring after a while, but way more fun than getting plowed by the big guys when you're in the shallow areas. I also think it is a lot more safe to be out there away from everyone...again, as long as you're a confident swimmer. Thinking of this makes me smile, I remember swimming to the line with my dad for the first time many years ago. We still head out there every trip. I can't wait until my little munchkins are old enough to try it out for the first time with me.

IloveDisney71
05-15-2008, 09:34 PM
They really should have a warning that you will get knocked OFF your feet if you are in the shallow area.;) My best friend and I found that out the hard way. But once we realized that it was better to be out closer to the line, we had fun. However, I prefer to ride around the park in an intertube and just relax. That's what I do after I've ridden all the rides I want to ride and I'm waiting on my 2 DD's to finish riding the rides I don't want to ride.