PDA

View Full Version : Romantic Dining

cmshelton1979
05-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Where would you say is the most romantic place to eat at DW?

I will be on my honeymoon while I am down there in August so I want some ideas where we should go.

:mickey::mickey:

Belle_0717
05-14-2008, 01:04 PM
California Grill at the Contemporary during the fireworks is what our fellow posters say. I have never formally been there.

This Oct DH and I got ADRs at Coral Reef.

DH and I have dined for our anniversary and on our honeymoon at several different restaurants.
- Kona
- Fulton's
- O'hana
- Boma
- Tony's Town Square - for lunch the first day of our honeymoon. No we didn't share spaghetti!

I am sure more of our posters will help you. We are on a budget for most of our trip and are very picky where we go.

snowlancer2720
05-14-2008, 01:14 PM
Definately check out Narcooses at the Grand Floridian, very nice setting/mood, and you can watch the fireworks at the Magic Kingdom if you go late enough :)

Maleficent's Dad
05-14-2008, 01:32 PM
If your budget allows it, Victoria & Albert's gets the highest marks for romance in my opinion.

Intimate setting, quiet dining room, harpist playing music, exceptional service and food...

An exceptional experience. :thumbsup:

wdwfan
05-14-2008, 01:40 PM
We like Cal Grill. We will be celebrating our 20th there this year. I've made my ADR, now just waiting for hours to post so I know when Wishes is scheduled.

Aggie97
05-14-2008, 01:44 PM
My husband and I prefer Narcoossee's over CA Grill for food, service, atmosphere, and view of the fireworks. We had our 10th anniversary dinner at Narcoossee's a few months ago, and it was just perfect! :mickey:

TexasPrincessAurora
05-14-2008, 02:59 PM
Definitely Victoria & Albert's if the budget allows and especially if you are a foodie. It is divine!

More affordably, I would say Narcossee's, Artist Point, and Jiko.

SBETigg
05-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Most Romantic:
All the signature dining rates among the most romantic with upscale settings, fewer familes, decent wine lists, and amazing food and service. You might consider:

3. Bistro de Paris (no children's menu).
2. California Grill (breathtaking views).
1. Victoria and Albert's (no children under age age 11 admitted, intimate setting, personalized menus).

My favorite non-signature romantic restaurants:

6. Rose & Crown
5. Raglan Road
4. San Angel Inn
3. Chefs de France
2. 'Ohana
1. Grand Floridian Cafe

Polynesian Dweller
05-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Another vote for Narcoosee's, its our best evening every trip. A beautiful setting right on the water with a pretty view of the Seven Seas lagoon,MK, the Contemporary, and the Polynesian. Its a fabulous place.:thumbsup:

Natazu
05-14-2008, 04:54 PM
Jym's Top-7 Best Romantic Restaurants at WDW:
7. San Angel Inn
6. Narcoossee’s
5. Le Cellier
4. Citricos
3. Flying Fish
2. California Grill
1. Victoria and Albert's

brewcrew26
05-14-2008, 05:03 PM
We enjoyed Artist Point immensely. The food and the service were impeccable. They gave us personalized menus commemorating our honeymoon and even gave us complimentary appetizers and a champagne toast.

We also really enjoyed Le Cellier and Rose & Crown's patio during Illuminations. Very romantic!

HndrdPrcnt
05-14-2008, 05:39 PM
V&A's is out of our price range, but we LOVE California Grill and if you get a reservation 1 - 1 1/2 hours prior to Wishes you will be enjoying dessert together as the fireworks explode over the castle in your full view. It is amazing. Get there about 30 minutes prior to your ressie and check-in requesting a window table to view Wishes! So worth it!! Excellent food, excellent service, and excellent views!!:thumbsup:

Kairi_7378
05-14-2008, 10:44 PM
There are only two restaurants that DH has ever called "romantic." One is in NYC. The other is the CA Grill. I think that depending on the waiter you get, AP can be romantic as well.

Natazu
05-14-2008, 11:38 PM
There are only two restaurants that DH has ever called "romantic." One is in NYC. One if by Land?

mudpuppysmom
05-15-2008, 10:27 AM
If we ever went to dinner on our own (which DH says we are on a family vaca, so we do family things together.....thus DS accompanies us just about everywhere --except I sent him on a Pirate Cruise twice so DH and I could have SOME alone time!)....I digress.....

Jiko is among our top places to dine.....the atmosphere is really relaxing and the food and service are very wonderful!

Cali Grill also rates right up there along with with Narcoossees for many if not all of the same reasons as Jiko.

So far those are the places I would suggest.

ThanxForNoticin
05-15-2008, 12:29 PM
I agree with several other posters - either Narcoossee's or Cali Grill. Both are very nice. That being said, we've never taken the plunge for the expense of V&A, but that has to be a very romantic place, as well. Have fun!

BelleLovesTheBeast
05-16-2008, 02:06 PM
My favorite non-signature romantic restaurants:

6. Rose & Crown
5. Raglan Road
4. San Angel Inn
3. Chefs de France
2. 'Ohana

I have to agree with you on these. San Angel Inn doesn't have the best food but it is very romantic. We had lunch there on our honeymoon. Chefs de France is really nice for a late dinner. It's much more quiet then.

Make sure you tell them when you make your ADRs that you are celebrating....some places will do something special for you.

Crystal Palace, Coral Reef and Tony's Town Square are ones that I know do something special.

Jared
05-16-2008, 02:33 PM
Victoria & Albert's offers the pinnacle of romantic dining, but it's expensive and perhaps even a little too much for a Disney vacation. Not everyone wants to pack formal clothes with their shorts and T-shirts.

All the signature restaurants are romantic in their own way, especially California Grill. Besides The Hollywood Brown Derby in Disney's Hollywood Studios, which is the most casual signature eatery, any place that costs two table service credits on the Disney Dining Plan should be suitable.

If the especially upscale places don't suit your mood or budget, definitely consider Sherri's list. Les Chefs de France and San Angel Inn both offer wonderfully romantic meals for a little cheaper.

:tasty:

Gator
05-16-2008, 07:10 PM
My idea of romance is BBQ, so I say the Flame Tree and get a water front table. And it's cheap, too. Very Romantic;)

LaurenNJ
06-11-2008, 03:15 PM
Victoria & Alberts hand down! I have seen several Proposals occur during different visits. What's more romantic than that? :-)