PDA

View Full Version : Tell me about the Boardwalk

RockinRollerMom
05-14-2008, 12:17 PM
My family's next trip we are making a point to see and do things that we have never done before. One of the things that I was thinking of checking out was the Boardwalk. We will be eating in the Epcot resort areas a few times for dinner so it would be easy to make our way over there.

It will be me, DH and DD8. Are there fun things for families to do there in the evening? I know there are some bars over there. I was wondering if it was a party atmosphere like PI?

Maleficent's Dad
05-14-2008, 01:27 PM
After 6 PM nightly, the Boardwalk has free entertainment. There are people entertaining crowds - like magicians, jugglers, that sort of thing. Very often they encourage audience participation.

It's a safe, family friendly environment.

Although the official policy is that the entertainment starts after 6, you're probably best off waiting until closer to 7. They come and go with seemingly no set schedule, but there's usually something going on.

There are some bars - ESPN is the loudest, then you have Big River (which is a restaurant as well), and Jellyrolls (gets going later). None are too over the top.

Although you can walk around the resort with alcohol, it's not a huge party-like atmosphere (as PI can be). It's fun and pleasant. The stroll is actually quite pleasant.

There are also good eats that you might want to consider. Restaurants include ESPN, Spoodles, Flying Fish, and Big River. There is an art gallery (Wyland?) within the Boardwalk's "courtyard" area (center area as you stroll the B'walk). Of course there is a Sweet Shop (Seashore Sweets) for ice cream and candy, and the usual souvenir shop (Screen Door).

It's a pleasant atmosphere offering plenty to do at a relaxing pace!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-24-2008, 09:23 PM
And right across the lake is Beaches & Cream. But seriously, the atmosphere is fine for kids. You can also ride the Friendship Boats around the lake or rent one of the bike surrey things. It's a more laid back, quiet type of place.

Guya103
05-27-2008, 04:08 PM
The Boardwalk should be a must for your family! Once you visit it you will continue to go back. We enjoy it there in the afternoon just as much as in the evening. It is a great break from EPCOT in the afternoon. It is quiet and a perfect time to enjoy a treat at Beaches & Cream.

The Wyland Gallery is beautiful and the Screen Door always has some of my favorite things!:mickey:

SgtTigger
05-27-2008, 08:43 PM
The Boardwalk should be a must for your family! Once you visit it you will continue to go back.

I know it is a must do for us now.......

We went last Nov. and we had a great time. We will be going back in June. We ate from the Pizza window at Spoodles and it was good.....
We also got a hot dog from the boardwalk and it was good too.
The shows are great and they perform a couple of times a night. They do do different showes but the same people......
The crowd was all families and just people walking around haveing a great time. No party people.......

:cop: :tigger:

tinkergal
05-28-2008, 12:42 PM
We were there in Feb. w/ our 7-yr-old nephew. There's a guy who 'drives' a piano (kind of like a surrey bike & piano combined). Our nephew was dancing like crazy...this lady ran up & tipped the musician & also our nephew. It was hilarious. I guess our nephew will have to give up his amateur status now that he's being paid to entertain! :joy:

This was one of our favorite memories (& photo op) of our trip. I hope you & yours have a magical time, too.

Capt. Sparrow
05-28-2008, 03:15 PM
My family and I make sure that we stay at the Boardwalk Villas every time we go as the Boardwalk is right in the heart of the Disney experience. There are a ton of things to do on the Boardwalk. If your a sports fan, get lunch or dinner at the ESPN club as they have every game possible on, even in the bathrooms (I told my financee I was going to do this in our future house)! Tons of family entertainment on the board walk. Also you are within walking distance to Epcot, and DHS! Oh man, I just got back from ther Sunday and now I am ready to go back!!!