PDA

View Full Version : Ohana and "Wishes"

dumbodoughboy
05-14-2008, 10:38 AM
Hi,
It will be my husband and my first time eating at Ohana in Oct., and we made 7:10PM reservations (well, actually it was either that time or much later!). I read that "Wishes" at the MK starts around 8PM. Will we by any chance be able to see the fireworks from Ohana, and are there certain areas to ask for in order to see the fireworks? I thought I had read that you can see the show from Ohana a while back. If we can, that will be a nice added treat! Thanks!

TheRustyScupper
05-14-2008, 11:38 AM
1) If you get a seat near the windows, you can see Wishes.
2) Or at least some of the higher Wishes fireworks.
3) If not near the windows, no view of Wishes.
4) Beware, there are only a few window tables.
5) And, there is not a good Ohana's place to stand and watch.

HndrdPrcnt
05-14-2008, 11:38 AM
You can see the fireworks and they even lower the lights and pipe in the music for "Wishes". It is a wonderful time. Get to the restaurant about 30 minutes early and request "a window table for viewing Wishes". Then, once you have checked in, you can go look around in the gift shop or sit a the bar and have a beverage until your table is ready!! You will really be glad that you made the effort to request the window table as it is a fun experience to see Wishes while dining at O'Hana!!:thumbsup:

ThanxForNoticin
05-14-2008, 12:24 PM
It certainly will be worth it to ask for a window table. However, it is very possible that by 7:10 that others will have grabbed the window tables with the same plan to view Wishes - so don't be too disappointed if they cannot meet your request. Unfortunately, even though it's popular, there are really only a small number of really good viewing tables at 'OHana for Wishes. There are many tables with partial views, and some with no view.

I agree with the poster above - I would get there about 20-30 minutes before your ADR just in case they might be able to get you in earlier with a special request. I hope it all works out for you to enjoy Wishes!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-14-2008, 02:35 PM
We were there with a party of 8 in September and requested a window seat for "wishes". We could not get a window seat but one table away and we could see just fine. As long as people in front of you do not stand up you can see. The view is nothing like what you get on Main Street or at the Cali Grill but it is pretty good. We had a blast at Ohana's and the food is amazing. Just go 20-30 minutes early and request a window table and cross your fingers. If you do not get one it will be OK you will still see some. Have a great time!

RAIDER
05-15-2008, 07:40 AM
I was lucky enough to get a window seat last year and watch Wishes and it really does make your meal quite unforgettable ....Fingers crossed you get a window seat :thumbsup: