PDA

View Full Version : Taco salad's at Pecos Bill's??

smartinez1
05-14-2008, 09:27 AM
Hi everyone,
Last September we were down in Disney and we ate at Peco's Bill twice. The first time I got the BBq pork sandwich and it was great. As I was sitting there eating, I saw someone walk by with this awesome looking taco salad. Well, on our second visit, I got it, and it was delish! I guess the first time I missed it on the menu. Anyway, I went on here to check the menu, and I didn't see it on there. Did anyone go recently and happen to see if they still have them? We plan to eat there in September, and I am soooo getting it if they still offer it. Anyway, I was just thinking that maybe the menu online here is just old and doesn't have it, or perhaps they stopped serving it. Bummer. Anyway, no biggie, I just liked that it was something different, I felt like every counter service we ate was either chiken fingers or burgers or pulled pork or chicken ceasar salads and it was a nice change as I don't think they were offered anywhere else. Thanks!

DisneyTwinsMommy
05-14-2008, 09:47 AM
According to "another Disney website" :secret:, it is still on the menu as of February 2008, I agree, it is quite yummy!! If for some reason they do not have it, you can also get one at the CS in Mexico (but it isn't as good.) We are going in 7 days, I hope they have it!! :mickey3:

I definitely think that :rocks:, however, their menu section is usually very much out of date. If you would like, PM me and I will point you in the right direction for more updated menus!!

Diz-Knee
05-14-2008, 11:13 AM
I'll ease your mind - I was just there two weeks ago and ate a Taco Salad at Pecos Bills! It was very tasty.

MuchLovedMama
05-14-2008, 02:02 PM
It's so funny that you have that Taco Salad in you head because so do my husband & I & it's been 8 years since we've been. We love thier Taco Salads & can't wait to eat it. I was also concerned about it not being there so I'm glad you asked & that we now have an answer. :thumbsup:

GabbyJacobsmom
05-15-2008, 07:59 AM
Another good choice from Peco's is the chicken wrap - it is grilled chicken and it is quite yummy! My husband said it looked so much better than the burger. I even took the wrap off of mine and ate it like a salad :)

Kidsmom
05-15-2008, 08:25 AM
My DH and kids laugh at me because I call the place Taco Bills. That is all I get there. I usually split it with one of my kids, but I end up wishing I got it alone!

TheDuckRocks
05-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Just a quick question for everyone. In Jan. my DH had the taco salad and he didn't like it at all. When I asked him why he said the taco meat was absolutely from the refrigerator stone cold. Is that the way it's always served or was there some kind mix up? Because to honest with you I can't say that I would find that very appetizing either.

Diz-Knee
05-16-2008, 11:53 AM
Just a quick question for everyone. In Jan. my DH had the taco salad and he didn't like it at all. When I asked him why he said the taco meat was absolutely from the refrigerator stone cold. Is that the way it's always served or was there some kind mix up? Because to honest with you I can't say that I would find that very appetizing either.

Hmmm...must have been a mix up. Mine was warm and tasty. Sorry your hubby had such a bad experience - yuck! I wouldn't want to eat it cold either.

MississippiDisneyFreak
05-16-2008, 02:26 PM
This sounds like a good break from burgers and chicken strips.....

Jared
05-16-2008, 02:45 PM
The taco salad is still available. it is supposed to be served hot. Cold meat is a disgusting error.

Another good choice from Peco's is the chicken wrap - it is grilled chicken and it is quite yummy! My husband said it looked so much better than the burger. I even took the wrap off of mine and ate it like a salad :)
I actually did not like the chicken wrap much when I tried it in October. All the chicken was stuffed into a tiny corner of the gigantic wrap, so I felt like I was eating mostly lettuce and gross ranch dressing. Maybe if the chicken was hot, it would have been better. I'll stick to Columbia Harbour House for my Magic Kingdom counter service meals.

:tasty:

aurorafan
05-16-2008, 08:28 PM
OMG--I LOVE their taco salad!! I had it for the first time last Oct. and can't wait to have it again in a few weeks! :woohoo:

LudwigVonDrake
05-17-2008, 08:46 AM

Your Husband should have gone back to the register and demanded another salad!

DisnIse
05-17-2008, 09:04 AM
Too funny - this is my DHs favorite meal, too! He actually wanted the taco salad before we had a Casey's hot dog. Blasphemy! I think he thinks because it's a salad it's inherently healthier and it justifies the Mickey-bar-a-day diet that he is on at Disney!

playdead88
05-17-2008, 09:34 AM
we were there in april and we had the taco salad at pecos bills - it way yummy! its a must eat on our list for next visit - only 378 days to go :mickey:

Mrs Grumpy
05-17-2008, 04:19 PM
OK, I am going to have to add this to my list for our next trip. We will be eating here because we enjoyed it on the last trip. The taco salad will give me a break from the usual burgers. Sounds great!

TheDuckRocks
05-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Your Husband should have gone back to the register and demanded another salad!

Saddly he just thought that was the way it was meant to be and was just awful. As he was sitting at another table because of the size of the group and was the only one to have ordered one, he was under the impression that that was how they made them there. He is a very uncomplaining person and I had no idea there was a problem until we were home and discussing the good and not so good things and places to eat at WDW.

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-18-2008, 06:27 PM
... I think he thinks because it's a salad it's inherently healthier and it justifies the Mickey-bar-a-day diet that he is on at Disney!

You say that like it's a bad thing...;)

garymacd
05-19-2008, 10:31 AM
You can also get a Taco Salad at El Pirata y El Perico.

Delicious.